How do I put 425 ponies to the rear wheels?

• Sponsors (?)

aggiemachfive said:
...thanks man. i'm kicking around the idea of tc (twin tc later) for what i have now and upgrading exhaust and suspension or going with a better platform and beginning with a late 90's cobra

Your late 90's Cobra rods and pistons suck, don't have high expectations of them. They are pathetic like the GT's, go with an 03-04 Cobra if you don't want to touch the internals.

-=NightHawk=- said:
good luck.

no kidding.

i don't think its unrealistic to get N/A 425RWHP out od Moduler engine(not 4.6 2v SOHC).
5.0 Cammer, tune, cams, I think you'll be there.

But will it be reliable like stock to drive 25000miles/year with A/C and CD player? Donno about that...

I mean 5.0 cammer alone is like $10000, cams, exhaust and tune, make it work with our car, new trans, and rear end, suspension components to handle all these powers, he'd be looking price of used Terminater. and some

And sad thing is, 03 Cobra, and u buy handheld tuner, full exhaust, and smaller pully, you'll be easily over 500RWHP

its goin to be a nice amount of money but you can do it trust me. if they are sayin that you cant make 425 all motor on a 2v 4.6 then they are wrong. you can do it and its not as expensive as people think. ebay is your best friend. research it, trust me you can do it because i am going to be doin it.

mileage doesnt matter if your changin half the parts anyways. if you turn your crank and your rods technically your motor is set back at 0 anyways so. that solves that problem. research and you will see its alot more common then people think. everyone is all about superchargers. personally i dont like them. id rather run a turbo but over it all id rather run all motor. NEVER run nitrous IMO. i hate it, i say, bottles are for babies.

Mileage does matter I would think. Even starting at 0 on the motor...a set-up like this will require some very aggressive motor modifications. Not gonna last long and be very reliable putting 25k miles a year on it. I'd bet its not going to start for you every day.

425RWHP is darn near impossable out of a 2V...and it wont be a good street car.

HEAVILY P&Pd SVO 2V heads
VT stg 3 cams
VT 305 (?) Big Bore engine (10.5-1 CR)
Electic WP
windage trey
Nice LTs
O/R X pipe
magnaflow catback
HEAVILY P&Pd bullitt manifold
Big oval TB
JLT CAI

AND ONE HECK OF A DYNO TUNE! You MAY get the #s.