How do I send a video I took?

mrvax

Stay thirsty my friends
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
SN Moderator: Orlando, Fl.
Using my daughter's digital camera I found out how to shoot a video. (Big accomplishment for me.) The video I took here in Florida was 89MB.

I tried to email it to my other daughter in NY but Yahoo email will only permit a 10MB attachment.

What's the easiest way for me to get the video (.AVI format) to her via the internet? If I only had an ftp site...

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

It will be hard to send a file that big. The only thing I can think of is to host it on a site. photobucket, putfile, ext. Then you can just send her the link. but then anybody can view it.

or you can put it on a cd and mail it to her. :shrug:

It will be hard to send a file that big. The only thing I can think of is to host it on a site. photobucket, putfile, ext. Then you can just send her the link. but then anybody can view it.

or you can put it on a cd and mail it to her. :shrug:

:stupid:

or, just set up a family photobucket account to host family vids and pics in. then, you can lock the account and send her the link. she'll just type in the password to view it and you dont have to worry about outsiders looking at it :nice:

Thanks to all.
I figured out how to install IIS on WinXP.
Then I had to add FTP service as an additional option.
I have my FTP site up & running with the video safe and sound in
a virtual directory.
So, I'll just have to call my daughter and coordinate/walk her through the file xfer with her.