How do I was the inside of the windshield?

Black95GTS

Jan 8, 2004
Marlborough, MA
Alright fellas, my beautiful girlfriend whom I love dearly was helping me detail the inside of my F150 and she got a whole bunch of Armor-All on the inside of the windshield.

I cannot get this crap off to a streak free shine.

Does anyone know of any sure fire methods for washing the inside of the windshield? Tried Windex, professional foam glass cleaner, newspaper, even a small squeegee!!!:bang: :bang:

Adam

• Sponsors (?)

I cannot get this crap off to a streak free shine.

Adam

The key is to constantly turn the cloth you're using. As soon as any silicone, PD's, etc get on the cloth, they just smear. You almost have to blot the windshield. Then I use a terry cloth towel (you can use a MF if you have one - I just try not to use mine for crap like this) to go over and over the area, turning the towel often. Eventually you will be smearing less and less crap around till it's gone.

Then hit it again with your glass cleaner (20/20 is my favorite amongst locally available products) and a papertowel. Then use a clean terry/MF towel over the area again to remove any streaks from the last glass cleaner application.

In AZ, dashes take a beating and I deal with this often. It works as well as anything I have tried (in all, it takes about 2 mins for a not too huge area of windshield).

As you know, in the future, use cardboard or something against the inside of the glass when spraying a dressing product onto the far reaches of the dash.

Good luck.

If you are using water I doubt it will do the trick, as Armor All is set to repel it.

So, you might have to go through a whole can (or two) of glass cleaner, but it will happen soon enough. I would use paper towels too, because you are going to go through a **** ton of them.

:)