How do you feel about a wheel & tire subforum?

How do you feel about a wheel & tire subforum?

• I would like to have one on the site.

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • I do not feel this is a good idea.

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • I am impartial.

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Sponsors (?)

make an exhaust forum and a wheel forum, post stickies to every post ever about it, then lock the damn thing.... actually I don't care

:lol:

Way I look at it.....4.6 Talk was for talking about various non-tech mustang issues....including wheels/tires....gears....exhaust....whatever. I know we all get tired of seeing the same old questions, but this forum doesn't exist just so a small group of regulars can only learn new things, but for us to school some newbies as well. Easier to have it all in one place. Just my .02.

I feel like the forums are a little too chopped up as it is. And face it, we have the Moving Pictures forum yet everyone posts their videos in 4.6 Talk. I think if we had a Wheel/Tire subforum, the same thing would occur, or we will get a lot of double posting

stangGT97 said:
I feel like the forums are a little too chopped up as it is. And face it, we have the Moving Pictures forum yet everyone posts their videos in 4.6 Talk. I think if we had a Wheel/Tire subforum, the same thing would occur, or we will get a lot of double posting
.....this is a case for more consistent moderation of the forums, not because they're too chopped up. People should know exactly where to look to answer their questions, not have do a 10-second search just to lose patience and post up a question in the general tech section that's been asked 100-times before.

Tim....take a look over at www.tccoa.com at their forum and sub forum structure. It's been working pretty well over there for them. Maybe taking a few cues from their set up might not be a bad thing. It will require a few more moderators though, to keep questions where they should be.

how many wheels threads can there be to warrant their own subforum? I don't mind either way, but that section is gonna be like the svt section, dead.

oh yeah, if I get 18" wheels in the back, what gears should I get to offwset the added weight? and will a 245 tire be too small for a 10" width?

where can I get a catback to make my car sound like a ferrari?

Gearbanger 101 said:
.....this is a case for more consistent moderation of the forums, not because they're too chopped up. People should know exactly where to look to answer their questions, not have do a 10-second search just to lose patience and post up a question in the general tech section that's been asked 100-times before.

thats true. I'm not sure how I feel about a wheel/tire specific forum though, like Stang|ess said, it may just end up dead like the SVT forums.

what might be good is a General Mustang Tech section.

only bad thing is there would be massive amount of moving threads around until people get the hang of it. going to require more from the mods and admins. I'm willing to step up, and sacrafice my time, for the better good of stangnet. I love kids, animals, and especially women. its not what stangnet can do for you, but what can you do for stangnet? stang|ess for mod in 06 :flag:

credentials: moderator for hawaiis largest forum.

Stang|ess said:
how many wheels threads can there be to warrant their own subforum? I don't mind either way, but that section is gonna be like the svt section, dead.

oh yeah, if I get 18" wheels in the back, what gears should I get to offwset the added weight? and will a 245 tire be too small for a 10" width?

where can I get a catback to make my car sound like a ferrari?

:lol: :rlaugh:

Stang|ess said:
what might be good is a General Mustang Tech section.

only bad thing is there would be massive amount of moving threads around until people get the hang of it. going to require more from the mods and admins. I'm willing to step up, and sacrafice my time, for the better good of stangnet. I love kids, animals, and especially women. its not what stangnet can do for you, but what can you do for stangnet? stang|ess for mod in 06 :flag:

n00b :nonono:

:jester:

Stang|ess for mod!:hail2:

Stang|ess said:

Number of different wheels x sizes x different body style x different tire manufacturers x size of tires available x color of cars = your answer

and if you want to get really picky, add in different brake kits and suspension mods (because both can affect the wheel you can run)

Stang|ess said:
stang|ess for mod in 06 :flag:

All 8 of you can get rowdy :D

Some of the other forums have seperate wheel/tire section but i kind of like it when people ask if 245/17's will fit a 10" wheel or is 315's are too wide to fit stock 8" wheels. I mainly only visit the 4.6 area and don't want to interact with other sections :p