how do you fit the fiero fan? way to tight

Fiero fan in a 66?

Guys i was told that it has been done. I get the fan and bring it home just to see that it is 1 inch to thick. the fan motor hits the water pump. i think im just going to use a manual fan and say F the electric fans.

• Sponsors (?)

Well i slid the motor back as far as it will go and it is still 1 inch off. Fan motor and water pump are still going to hit. I seen on this forum that the Fiero fans works but now i cant find but one person who has put one in, except for 1 person and he last was on in 2006 from what it looks like. So im kinda pissed about this whole thing. anyone know what the hells is up?

I haven't heard of Mustangers using a Fierro Fan, but the Taurus fan is a popular fan used. I have one on my aluminum radiator. I had to cut out the section of the radiator support that tilts back and build custom brackets. It is still a very close fit.

RadCutout.jpg

DSC08241.jpg

DSC08449.jpg

the shroud on the Fiero fan is so close to the size of the radiator it is like they were made for eachother. but like i said the motor and water pump touch. i will get some pictures here in about 15 mins and post them. i was thinking about cutting out the radiator suport just as you did to get that radiator closer up front. all i need is 1 inch.

you know what, F*** the stupid fan. i took the pic's and messed with the fan some more and it is just not going to go unless i cut and grind every little bit that i can. Electric fans are really not worth it to me. im going to buy a flex fan and a shroud and be done with it. im not going to be in stop and go traffic very much so screw it.:mad: in my last mustang the electric fan a pain in the ass anyways, and i dont know why i wanted to go back to the same pain in the ass problems that only put more wiring and ugliness under my hood. electric fan = new alternator, more wires, more money etc etc.

what style mechanical fans are you guys running? i have my stock 4 blade that im wanting to toss in the trash.