How do you get 1.6-1.8 60ft times?

94gtslow

Founding Member
Jan 26, 2002
Temple,Texas
I have some 275 40 17 bfg drag radials on tribars.

The best 60ft I have got is a 1.92 at 18 psi.

I have the eibach drag launch springs with air bag (10psi), and strange adjustible struts and shocks, Struts set at full loose, rears at 5.

Is there a certain way to launch or something that I am missing?

Any advice on how to launch and get better 60ft times?

• Sponsors (?)

do you have a convertor? are you boggin out of the hole? all i know is 5spd so forgive me, but i just launch it at 4k and go, i find i actually spin in 1st if i just drop it hard, so i feather a little, i've pulled several 60's in the 1.8's even while spinning and 1 1.80, all stock suspension, sounds like you're not leaving hard enough

Lower control arms deffinatly help, if you dont have any, just get some cheap non adjustable ones.

I think you just need to launch harder. With my old car i would launch around 5k, drop the clutch and hold on. I had a h/c/i 302 at the time(gt40 crate motor) and would pull low 1.7 60's, best being a 1.72. I had lakewood 90/10 struts and 50/50 shocks, solid lower control arms, no sway bar, and nitto 17" dr's. I have BFG's on my new car and they are MUCH better tires. No reason you shouldnt be in the 1.7 range easy..

Also, how is the track prep? That will be a major factor as well. Start with bumping your launch RPM's up a bit and see what happens.