how do you get the middle panel off the dash?

• Sponsors (?)

Which panel are you taling about? Is it the one which is in the middle of the console where the radio/CD player is and where the heater/AC controls are?

If this is the panel that you are referring to I am not sure, but I think that it unclips, but I think that you have to take off the panel that's on the base of the shifter first before you even attempt to take off the center panel where the radio/CD and heater/AC and traction control/Fog lights are. You may want to check in some previous posts here in the Sound and Shine section to find this out. Also, there is a website called www.mustangworld.com that you can go to which shows you how to disassemble parts of your dashboard. Check it out.

Out of curiosity, why do you want to take off the middle part of your dashboard? What are you going to install there?

First, take out the shifter trim panel and shifter boot

Second, remove the vent grilles by carefully inserting a small flat screwdriver between the grille and the trim panel and GENTLY & CAREFULLY prying it out

Finally, once the vents are removed, look up inside where the vents were, you will see two little plastic arms that hold the trim panel in place. Use a very small screwdriver, punch, or similar device to gently pull each of the little arms downward, thus releasing the trim panel. it should now pull right out.

Good luck, hope i didnt confuse you too much. You will see what i am talking about (the little arms) as soon as you get the vents out.

:nice: