how fast ET wise

srtthis

the guy doing it does every local racers rear end
15 Year Member
Jul 3, 2009
Maryland
ok heres the plan for the car... for this summer just to get me by till i can build a big carbed stroker motor...

running stock ported E7's now with 1.7's
E cam
stock intake which is coming off for a Explorer intake
373's
75mm maf with 24lb injectors
5 speed car so no big stall in it yet :(
gunna run a 26" et street
oh and a 125-150 shot

so ET wise... im thinking 11.5's shouldnt be out of the questions:shrug:

am i far off?

• Sponsors (?)

I would say very low 13s, won't see a great difference with gt40 intake and ported stock heads, I'd recommend a tfs cam over the e cam, just not a fan of the alphabet cams myself, and there's no point in bigger maf and injectors if you don't get a bigger TB and CAI, I'd go 75mm tb and have the GT40 intake ported to match, still won't see near 11.5. But if your dead set on these parts that's how I'd go.

With those heads and intake the cam isnt doing much for you. Even though people bash the letter cams I've seen some decent numbers with an E-cam. But with those heads and intake I dont see you getting under a mid 13 even with traction. With the 150shot I'd like to see if you can break 11's, plus I wouldnt run a 150 shot on a stock motor for very long, but that is just me.

I am interested in seeing what you can run though so let us know.

There is no chance of 11s on a mostly stock ported setup and a 150 shot, i could be wrong but I don't see any better than 12.5s with traction. If everyone saying 13.5s on motor, then sorry but you won't shave 2 seconds off with a 150 shot

Just goes to show u stangnet people know their stuff cause i had just about what u want to do except i had a little more bolt ons and a 125 shot and without the juice i ran low 15s sqeeked into 14.98 once perfect conditions then with the same setup with a 125 shot i was running low 13s. One pass after i finally put a bottle warmer in i was on a 12.80 pass when i missed a gear and went the top end cause i disconnected my faulty window switch. Lesson learned took 2 seconds off with a 125shot and never disconnect your window switch :lol: SO i would say high 12s are a possibility

I sure hope it goes better than mid 12s on the bottle with that set up. On motor with those tires and some good driving, I would think low 13s high 12s should be EASY... Then toss the shot on and the times should drop a bunch.

I know a lot of people are saying mid 13s to be realistic and not get your hopes up, but forget hopes, that combo should run a lot better than a mid 13 on motor.

I think 12s are possible n/a with good driving, weather and track conditions. My ols 89 coupe with stock injectors, stock maf, stock heads, 3.31 gears, bcam, performer intake went [email protected] and on 150 shot went [email protected] all this on dr's. Car weighted 3300 with driver 180 for comarison but engine also hadover 200k hard miles meaning it lived life with hci vortech a trim, then strim, then incon kit. But still didn't runas hard as my 95 stock for stock.

Not to pee in your cherrios, but i dont think a cam,intake, and #24's are going to drop your et 2.5 sec. on motor. Not to talk chevy's (i converted to the other side:nice:) i had a 83 camaro edb heads, air gap, 6al, 2500 stall, 750 dp, on a 13:1 350 and all i could get out of it was 13.5's. Im new to the fox croud and i might be rong and if so call me out but from my experience 12's are hard to get on motor (whenever you are on a tight budget). 5.0's might also respond verry good to small upgrades
(i dont know yet my t-5 has been out of my car sence the first day i got it.) but i just dont see it possible.

Once again im not trying to offend anyone.
Can some one els with sim. upgrades post some track times??

:Track::Track::Track::Track::Track::Track::)