How hard to replace back seats?

I am in the middle of painting my interior and soon after i get done i want to get new seats. I'm not so worried about the front seats as i am the back. I was just wondering if anyone knows how to/how hard it is to replace them.:shrug:

Oh yeah, anybody have a pair of front 01+ seats layin around that they'd like to sell me?:D

TIA

• Sponsors (?)

I am in the middle of painting my interior and soon after i get done i want to get new seats. I'm not so worried about the front seats as i am the back. I was just wondering if anyone knows how to/how hard it is to replace them.:shrug:

Oh yeah, anybody have a pair of front 01+ seats layin around that they'd like to sell me?:D

TIA

what do you mean by replace look putting a nice stocker in or pulling them out and haveing them recovered...if your asking how easy it is to pull them out....very easy.

Which is cheaper?...Replacing with some stockers or having them recovered?

And how do you take them out?

Oh yeah.....you ever get your new top for that vert put on?

yeah its on now looks alot better..

it would be better to spend 150 or so on a mint stock rear...the guy who did my top said it would be close to 1,000 to just re cover my front and rear seats in a black colth..

I'm ordering full carpet this month, and should have the upholstery by the end of next month. I'm just going with black cloth, but I'll be sure to document the install w/pics.

I'm ordering full carpet this month, and should have the upholstery by the end of next month. I'm just going with black cloth, but I'll be sure to document the install w/pics.

re covering seats? ive decided im going to use some grey cloth seats from a 02 or something then find a really good condition LX with a grey rear seat and call it done after some black carpet.

I think I might just look at 50resto because the rears aren't in bad shape at all, and would easily be re-covered. As for the fronts I don't know what I want to do yet.

How do I take the rears out? (Remeber its a hatchback not a notch)

I think I might just look at 50resto because the rears aren't in bad shape at all, and would easily be re-covered. As for the fronts I don't know what I want to do yet.

How do I take the rears out? (Remeber its a hatchback not a notch)

id image that the bottom part of the seat would come out the same way..pull up on both sides and pull out..after the bench part is out you should see out the back comes off..in a vert there are two bolts ate the bottom of the back that you have to take out then slide up...im not sure with a hatch as im sure yours is the folding rear seat and im not sure how to get those out..never had a hatch.

Hey white90gt there is a guy up in china grove that priced recovering my seats in my gt front and back (swaping them from red to black) for $450 and he would pull the seats and all. He has done some work for me before. He's pretty good.

I talked to a local guy here about mine. I want cloth, and he said that if i bring him the seats, and the material (if i order if from 50resto), he will recover the front seats for 50 bucks each, and do the back seat for 100 bucks.

I deleted my back seat and saved money :D

You gotta know how to shape the foam because if its worn in the seat covers will fit loose. Your gonna need a heat gun and know how to use hog rings..

You just saved me from a few hours of intense anger. I would have attempted to do it myself with no prior experience, it would have lead me to become frustrated, drink, and lite the seat covers on fire due to them not fitting correctly. :nice:

I’ll just get what I need and leave that chit to the pro’s.

You just saved me from a few hours of intense anger. I would have attempted to do it myself with no prior experience, it would have lead me to become frustrated, drink, and lite the seat covers on fire due to them not fitting correctly. :nice:

I’ll just get what I need and leave that chit to the pro’s.

call your local upholstrey shops, i noticed a good difference in price, and asked if the covers start sagging or are messed up in any way would they fix it... only 1 shop out of 3 said they would stand behind thier work.