How i fell back in love w/ my stang

^well i guess its good that it only has 90k on it and i got the car for free huh:shrug: :D

The way a car lasts in my opinion is directly related to the way the owner takes care of it. Since i treat my cars like id treat my own flesh/blood i think she'll last till i have no need for her anymore.

my friend at work just sold his 98 328 with 200k on the clock and it still had enough power to spin the tires through first and second and chrip third... so maybe this kid had a bad car but i see the old 3's last a long timee

• Sponsors (?)

A Panther car would be nice to have again. *shudders with delight at the thought of a '99+ Police Interceptor* :drool: If only it weren't for the fact that they're a nightmare to park in the tiny little parking spaces we have where I work... :(

I drove a 'Vic for 5 years and I got reaaaal good at swinging that huge thing into tiny spaces (that's what she said). Put some 60 series tires on those steel wheels and fear no curb!

my friend at work just sold his 98 328 with 200k on the clock and it still had enough power to spin the tires through first and second and chrip third... so maybe this kid had a bad car but i see the old 3's last a long timee

I'm sure everyone has different experiences. My fiance's dad had a '99 7 series with high miles and it was falling apart too. Random crap like trim and badges would just literally fall off. Would still **** and git when you stepped on the loud pedal, though.

See, this is one of my other motivations for wanting to ditch my '84. I'm okay with having a weekend toy that rides stiff and noisy and has no A/C or heat and stinks of exhaust and gasoline fumes ... but ONLY because it's a weekend toy, and when those things are details that I only have to tolerate for short periods of time, it's easily overruled by the sheer fun of the car's acceleration and handling. However, when you have TWO cars like that (although my '84 now has working A/C but still no heater), it's kind of ridiculous. It'd be nice to have a little bit of contrast between my beater and my beast, y'know? :shrug:

A Panther car would be nice to have again. *shudders with delight at the thought of a '99+ Police Interceptor* :drool: If only it weren't for the fact that they're a nightmare to park in the tiny little parking spaces we have where I work... :(

I love my Grand Marquis so much that i am now thinking of getting out of the mustang scene and buying a Mercury Marauder or a 2003+ town car. I know, what some of you might think LOL.....im an old 24 years old man LOL....hahah. funny how im constantly changing my mind, i just dumped 3k in my stang and now i want to sell it? Go figure....

From the '94 CVPI and '90 Town Car I owned in the past, I got plenty of practice at parking and backing out big cars. But these parking spots here at the hospital SUCK and they're hard enough just to park a Fox Mustang in 'em. Even the little '86 S-15 extended-cab/short-bed pickup I had (aka Stinky) was a bit of a challenge to fit in spaces sometimes. The parking spots are unusually short and narrow, plus nobody else here seems to know how to even fit a Geo Metro in one of them without getting halfway into the other nearest parking space(s), and the driving lanes between the rows of parking spots are only about one car-width apart, so you've either gotta have a vehicle with a REEEEEALLY tight turning radius, or you just have to search forever for an outer-perimeter parking spot ... or you just have to get there REALLY early (or late) when the whole lot is empty. Even if you park a Crown Vic dead-center in a spot and pull in as far as you can, the arse-end of the car sticks out a couple of feet into the driving lane. The parking situation here is a freakin' joke. :notnice:

My '84 doesn't have that good of a turning radius, but it's short enough to fit in there without much work; Stinky was a lot longer, but those early S10 trucks have an AWESOME tight turning radius and a short nose, so it was surprisingly easy to squeeze that sucker in spots, too (although the butt would hang out sometimes, even when you had it nosed all the way up to the line).