HOW LONG MUST WE WAIT ?? FROM ORDER TO ARRIVAL ?? ANYONE WAITING LONGER THAN THIS ??

How long do we wait?? From order to arrival?? Anyone waiting longer than this??

Went to the dealer 10/30/04

Deposit placed, selections made... and order taken by dealer...

I figured I would hear SOMETHING by now. A month and a half later.

Am I being too impatient ??

Anyone out here been waiting longer than 10/30/04 ???????

I ordered:
Sonic Blue 05 GT
NO IUP upgrade (not the red seats, just the dashboard upgrade)
Charcoal leather interior
Automatic

What do you think ??

Should I just chill out a bit, or press the issue with the dealer... I email him every week or so... he always answers back, but never with any real info.

I havent seen any Sonic Blues for sale at other local dealers, if I do.. I may start to get a bit P.O.'d. Waiting is a bit of fun... but I figured I hear something by now!

??????

• Sponsors (?)

Hey I only CAPPED twice !!! lol j/k :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :rlaugh:

Yes, Ive been reading more and ive now seen the posts...

I was hoping the holdup was just with the "color accent" packages.. (with the red seats and all...)

It appears i may not see this car til february I guess... :( :(

One thing though...

THIS SITE (there i go capping again) and the people here have been absolutely terrific, I get more info here (and faster) than from the dealership. :flag:

Good luck to all who are waiting... and more info please respond.

KEVZZ (caps off...) :nice:

ordered 10-18
built week of 12-6
on carrier....delivery next week

Chill out.......Get a copy of yor dora or your order form and you can track your order.
I posted on here 2 times already....the #s and info you need.
Check the 2nd page thread.... build date/delivery date/any date
I put the info in the 4th post. check it out.

There are many people in wait longer than you. :rolleyes:

I ordered on 11/12 and got a build date of 12/20. I think it should be about 2 weeks after the build date before it arrives here in Southern Cali. Not too bad i think, 8 weeks is what I was told it would take. Not sure how that 2 weeks off will effect all of us though. Ford leaves on 12/23 and takes 2 work weeks off. Hopefully mine will already be on the trailer. Seems most people on here had their car ship the day it was built. Anyone have it happen any other way? I'm trying to judge if it will be on the train/truck before they leave for vacation.

i ordered on 11/13 and nothing yet. i don't even have a DORA. the botard at the dealership who i originally worked with is no longer there. i question whether they even put my order in at all. if he failed too, i wish bad things on him.

Ordered mine on 11/6/04, and nothing yet either. I called the guy that sold me the car twice in November (two weeks after I ordered, and then a few days later) and both times he said the same thing ,"Nothing yet man, I'll let you know ANYTHING when I hear it from Ford." So basically after that all transpired I'm just going to wait calmly until it gets down to about a week before it should be here. I don't have a DORA or anything. I'm feeling like you are, BlueMonster65... I'm starting to wonder myself if the car was even ordered.

I'm going for the record on the longest wait.

9/21 - Ordered
12/6 - Supposive build date

I called Ford today and was told it was "available" maybe I heard wrong and she may have said "on carrier", but the lady said to call back in 7 days and the system may show the hold released or something.

NGHH! :(

Double NGGH! :(

I just called 1800???FORD to confirm my call earlier and the person there this time couldn't find the information on my car and is going to call back tomorrow afternoon.

Must just be bad luck for me.

For you though, most people who ordered in earlier NOV without the IUP have already begun getting shipments. You should at least have a VIN by now. My dealer gets their updates every Friday instead of being proactive about it. I would try calling them tomorrow.

just found out my build date was pushed back

Hey guys.

Reading some of your stories doesn't make me feel so bad. I ordered my GT the day after Thanksgiving and last week when I called Ford my car was supposed to be built the week of 1/3. After reading some of the posts here, I decided to check again. Now my build date is the week of 1/17.

My order; Redfire GT, manual, premium package with IUP, side impact airbags, upgraded rims, and spoiler delete.

I wonder if the spoiler might be part of the holdup for some of you? :shrug:
I heard that the IUP was the holdup a few weeks ago, but then a few days ago read that the IUP was a go.

I hope you guys get some good news soon.

put my ordered 10/26
was given a build date of 12/06
then changed to temp hold
then given new date of build 12/20
and since they shut down 12/23 my dealer says it might not ship until after they are back from shutdown, so maybe looking at end of the second week in Jan
but hopefully they will get it moving to me before shut down! so close yet so far away....

KEVZZHERE said:
Went to the dealer 10/30/04

Deposit placed, selections made... and order taken by dealer...

I figured I would hear SOMETHING by now. A month and a half later.

Am I being too impatient ??

Anyone out here been waiting longer than 10/30/04 ???????

I ordered:
Sonic Blue 05 GT
NO IUP upgrade (not the red seats, just the dashboard upgrade)
Charcoal leather interior
Automatic

What do you think ??

Should I just chill out a bit, or press the issue with the dealer... I email him every week or so... he always answers back, but never with any real info.

I havent seen any Sonic Blues for sale at other local dealers, if I do.. I may start to get a bit P.O.'d. Waiting is a bit of fun... but I figured I hear something by now!

??????

Uh yes, I ordered and deposited $500 on 9/28. I think I have the record. Seems with the latest news of no more 18G's until February will never get our cars. Anyone order before me? Help! I'm dying here...

ZmanGT05 said:
I have you beat. I ordered om 10/8 sstill nothing. I call the dealer line almost every day.Still clean/unscheduled.

Zman, our dealer friend has not been treating me well. I found another GT that I could by at invoice. I had the thing on hold till I talked to Jason. Turns out they would not refund my money. So I called the other dealer where I had this car on hold and told them to go ahead and sell it. There were 3 other guys in line waiting to see what happened with me. Anyway, I called them to go ahead and sell to someone else. The I get home tonight and read about the NO IUP till February? Oh man, I am so pissed. Had I known that I would let them keep the money and bought the other one. This all happened in a few hours :bang: :bang: Now what? So people do you think the dealer should refund now that the item we ordered with is not available???