How many miles you have?

I'm on the other side of the coin. I say get a beater for work. I had an '84 SVO that was my only driver for 13 years and it had over 200.000 miles on it. And in the end, the frame got tired, the interior was worn, the driver's side seat was toast, parts started failing and in the end it looked like it had 200k on it. Plus, I got used to driving it everyday. I still miss my old car. Then I bought a '96 Cobra in '99 with 32.000 miles, excellent condition. Drove the car to work (40 miles a day both ways) about three years and it accumulated about 98.000 miles before I bought my other car. I noticed things like the plastic parts inside as well as my driver's seat and steering wheel wearing, so now I have replaced most of the stuff with factory parts and have retained the good looks of the car. Plus, when you get a slower car for work, you will really appreciate your Mustang. Also, it may help you lower your insurance premiums. They usually give you a second car discount and tell them that your 'Stang is not used for work duty and you will put less than 7.000 miles/year on it

• Sponsors (?)

usa1 said:
If you like your GT, why only enjoy it on the weekend? Does driving an ill handling truck during the week make the GT feel better on the weekend?

Mark

Sorta. I drive my 89 Ranger XLT during the week to avoid the excess mileage of my commute and the dangers of commuting(other drivers/rain/road conditions) I also enjoy knowing that my GT is always clean. I drove it for 3.75 yrs mostly everyday, accumulated 50,800 miles and now it has only 51,600 miles.
-Jason

2000 GT bought in March with 5900 miles. It now has 8600 miles. I love driving the car and it is my daily driver. I think the people before me bought it in 2002 off of a lot but didn't drive the car much. It still has a warranty until Feb. 2005

03 GT w/ 7,500 miles on it.
1993 Thunderbird with 157k miles on it.

I drive the Thunderbird 3-4 times a week to work in traffic 30 miles one way, and I drive the GT 1-2 times a week, and on the weekends. It's nice to have an older car you don't care about putting alot of miles on :D

6550 on my 03 Cobra, purchased Early June 03.

Its not a daily driver, as im self employed and work from home, however it is my only car. I do have a old explorer POS I can use when its raining or snowing but otherwise I mostly use the Cobra.