How many people here really think they are never gonna sell their Mustang and why?

Are you gonna keep your Mustang forever?

• Yes

Votes: 26 56.5%
  • No

Votes: 12 26.1%
  • I plan on it, but it will prolly have to go if I ever need the cash

Votes: 8 17.4%

• Total voters
  • Sponsors (?)

When I got my first one (2000 GT, Roush kit with Side exhaust) I said I'd never sell it, wrecked it, got it fixed, got rear-ended, they totalled it. Got my 2nd (2000 GT, Procharged)with the insurance money, blew it up, sold it. Got my 3rd (94' GT, 347 crate motor) and traded it for my current (2000 GT, stock). No plans on selling mine but who knows, someday I may want an 03/04 Cobra..

I intend on keeping mine. I simply cant find the reasoning to part with it.

There are ALOT of newer, nicer vehicles I want. 06+ lexus IS350, toyota x-runner, 03-04 cobra, 05+ GT, the list goes on. I do however intend on keeping it. Its the only car I have now, and as such is my DD. It's not heavily modded or anything, but it has 145k miles on it and I dont expect I could get out of it what it is worth TO ME. I wouldnt sell this car for anything less than 8k. Is it worth it? I dont think so. But its paid for and has been super reliable. I'm the second owner (since 62k miles) 80k+ miles and my repair parts are well under 1k. I'm a mechanic myself and parts are cheap so it doesnt cost me much to fix it when it breaks, and even that is a RARE occurance.

I think the clutch might be starting to go out. When I do that I'll fix the leaking rear main seal and then it will be in PERFECT mechanical condition. Just no reason to sell.

I'm never selling it. That's not why I bought it.

It's going on 8 years old and still only has 52k on it. It's seen rain 3 times, all big misjudgements by me concerning the weather forecast.

The car is going to the grave with me and at the current 4k a year I put on it, it will probably make it.

I'd sell mine tomorrow for this:

Used 2003 Ford Mustang Cobra SVT w/supercharged V8
Mileage: 2,115
$38,000

*RED CLEARCOAT EXTERIOR *GREY SUEDE AND LEATHER INTERIOR *POWER SOFT TOP ROOF *4.6L V8 SUPERCHARGED DOHC ENGINE *6 SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION *AM/FM/CD CHANGER PREMIUM SOUND SYSTEM *POWER WINDOWS, LOCKS AND MIRRORS *TRACTION CONTROL *REAR SPOILER ONLY 2115 MILES! *FLAWLESS CONDITION INSIDE AND OUT *VEHICLE INTERIOR STILL SMELLS NEW * 100% ORIGINAL FROM MANUFACTURER *NEVER SMOKED IN *NEVER SEEN RAIN OR SNOW *CONVERTIBLE TOP HAS NEVER BEEN DOWN *ADULT DRIVEN, NEVER BEEN RACED *METICULOUSLY MAINTAINED, 6 OIL CHANGES IN 2K MILES VEHICLE WAS PURCHASED NEW IN FLORIDA AND BROUGHT TO ILLINOIS ON TRAILER

13368091500.269070876.IM1.MAIN.240x180_A.240x180.jpg

13368091503.269070876.IM1.04.240x180_A.240x180.jpg

13368091502.269070876.IM1.03.240x180_A.240x180.jpg

It might be worth it if it were 8-10k cheaper. That guy is out of his mind on his asking price. Even if it does have next to no mileage.

...it seems all that I see are Cobra convertibles for sale around here. Only about 1/10 advertised seem to be hard top? :shrug:

Sometimes I want to sell my Mach to get an 03/04 Cobra, because I would have a MUCH faster car with more potential, but I like the rarity of the Mach over the Cobra, plus I have WAAAAAAY too much into it to turn back now. Also, the Cobra doesn't have my favorite part which is the shaker hood...

The notch I will keep for a long time, & at this point don't see myself selling it...

I'd sell mine tomorrow for this:

Used 2003 Ford Mustang Cobra SVT w/supercharged V8
Mileage: 2,115
$38,000

People that are selling their Mach or Cobra for rediculously high prices obviously did'nt pay attention to the Mach and Cobra prices at the end of 2004. You could get a Mach for $22,000 new and you could get a Cobra for $29,000 new. This, along with the bad economy killed resale values on these cars. If he gets $25,000 he'll be lucky.

Not unless something REALLY dire came up, would I sell it.

Considering it's 1 of 2, I'm just going to hold onto it. That said, I'm now in debate on modding it. Since it's 1 of 2, part of me wants to keep it original (but the little kid in me wants to make it faster and louder)...

Bah!

Skidawg, I can relate. Mine's a 99 with 18000 on it. It's only been in the rain 8-10 times (previous owner).

I'll keep my mustangs long as I enjoy them. I've had the 88 mustang for 10 years now and it was my first car. I always though I might keep it forever and I have kept it a very long time. However, the car is deteriorating and there is no sense in trying to restore it. I'll keep it as cheap 1/4 mile fun for now. In a few more years, I'll be looking for a new toy and the 88 will likely be parted/sold. The replacement will have to be a 2011+ 5.0, FFR cobra or C6 'vette, not sure which yet though. ;)

I'll keep the 97 GT long as it can be fun and reliable transportation. I've driven it since 2006 and run it up to 170k miles now. I love the car and the paint and will enjoy it long as possible. I'm always thinking that I'll try to repair the 97 and keep it running for a while longer. But of course, there are limits. Obviously, if it is totalled, it isn't reasonable or smart to rebuild it (especially when it can be converted to a FFR cobra). However, I will keep repairing it to keep her for a long while.