how much are you in debt?

Modular2v

Founding Member
Jun 30, 2002
oklahoma
i know its a personal thing and none of anyones business but im just curious and all being a 22 year old college student only being able to work a part time job im 4600$ in debt and just got through paying off my 03 gt. All this money crap seems so overwhelming it seems like i will never be able to afford a house. I sure hope the money situation gets better when im out of college and able to work full time:( oh and when i say debt i mean ALL expense outstanding

• Sponsors (?)

Modular2v said:
i know its a personal thing and none of anyones business but im just curious and all being a 22 year old college student only being able to work a part time job im 4600$ in debt and just got through paying off my 03 gt. All this money crap seems so overwhelming it seems like i will never be able to afford a house. I sure hope the money situation gets better when im out of college and able to work full time:( oh and when i say debt i mean ALL expense outstanding
I'll jes say when I was 22 I was just like you.

ALL KIDDING ASIDE... at age 25 (I'm 27 now :)) I owed the banks roughly 1/2 million but now I'm down to just $20k (4runner) and $7k (01 GT). I sold my house and all of the "investment property"... that's in quotes cause all you do is invest... and invest... and invest... and you never see a return.

30 years old, house 130k, SBA loan with about 18k left, will be paid off in November. That will free up about 2k a month.:D Can you say "paint job" My wifes car is paid for, and no credit card debt.

Zero debt (not including the 20 years remaining on my 30 year mortgage or the 2 years remaining on minivan note). I have a strict policy on the credit card. If I can't afford to pay cash for the item(s), then I don't buy it. Falling into debt before you graduate from college can really screw up your future if you're not careful. Spend Smart!

89 Saleen#455 said:
Zero debt (not including the 20 years remaining on my 30 year mortgage or the 2 years remaining on minivan note). I have a strict policy on the credit card. If I can't afford to pay cash for the item(s), then I don't buy it. Falling into debt before you graduate from college can really screw up your future if you're not careful. Spend Smart!

:Word: Me got out lucky

89 Saleen#455 said:
well i dont think it will be nearly as bad when i have a full time job with a steady pay check

Up to my eyeballs!!!! No really, I do have some, but I manage it. It's ok to have "debt" if you have something to show for it. I know people with so much debt, but yet they own nothing or have very little to show for it. I was debt free until about three years ago, and now I have a lot, but I also have a lot more to show for it. Also, I now have a good credit score, which will help when I go to buy a house.

It will young grasshopper, it will. You will more than likely spend what you bring home. Unless you make mad cash and can't find reasons to spend it. Believe me. Put off unnecesary expenditures on the stang and pay off your debt as much as you can. You will feel tons better.

When I was in my early 20's I was in deep. It was too easy to spend money I didn't have. Then I realized I was always broke and giving my paychecks to some one else. Now that I am in my early 30's I own everything and owe no-one anything!

I agree, racking up debt for things you don't need, is a bad choice. My biggest payment is my Snap-on payment, which is about 16%, and I owe about $10K, so yes that's near $1600 interest a year, but having that extra $10K in tools increases my income by much more than $1600, so it's a worthy investment. I have a credit card that if I gave to Rick, I would have my car completed and unglodly fast, which i want more than anything, but I don't need. Yes I do, but I better not. :)

HoodStrype said:
Dude you could soooo flop houses with that kind of credit :nice:
flop houses? :rlaugh: yeah i started buying cars when i was 18 with my dad as a cosign since then i have paid off 2 cars! I really want to look into getting a house but this annoying thing called college is prohibiting me from that