How Much $ Can I Get For My 89GT?

Strype

Cuthbert catcher
Founding Member
May 11, 1999
Huntsvegas, AL
I'm buying another fox... how much can I get for my 89GT?

+'s
Motor seems fresh w/ a cam and stock heads/ explorer intake
Tranny looks like it's been put back together so must have been worked on
Will come with 17x9" Polished Cobra R's (have to switch over)
New Cobra Rear Bumper/Front Nose/Fender
Will come with 2 racing Seats not installed
Temp controlled Dual Electric Fan
New stock springs
Subframes
Flowmasters (dumped)

-'s
Does not come with 3" cowl hood- stock one going on
Fenders/bumper need lining up
Needs paint
A/C and Heat no worky
Needs Headlights
Needs Radio
Has noticable bondo (can be fixed with paint)

Basically it just needs an alignment and paint. I could even primer it- I'm sure that would help it sell. What could I get for it primered??? :shrug:

89GT4x.jpg

89GT3x.jpg

89GT2x.jpg

89GT1x.jpg

Attachments

• 89GT4x.jpg
    89GT4x.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 89GT3x.jpg
    89GT3x.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 64
  • 89GT2x.jpg
    89GT2x.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 58
  • 89GT1x.jpg
    89GT1x.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 61
  • Sponsors (?)

DMAN302 said:
Macco is JUST fine for a paint and sell...net you great return! Now tell us about your plans for new ride!

Or depending who has the gun, it may be great for a full-on paint job for your intended show car :rolleyes:

mansonozz said:
Or depending who has the gun, it may be great for a full-on paint job for your intended show car :rolleyes:
Dave...macco for you...dude as long as it looks good, it does not matter who painted it. Most every job looks earl shive untill it's wetsanded..even my wifes 04GT has LESS than ideal orange peel right from the factory.

HoodStrype said:
Crap I'm way upside down :nonono:

Macco it is.

That's just what I would be willing to pay for it. It may be much more valuable to someone else looking for a different kind of car.

Also, before you go the Maaco path, I would try to sell it as is. It would be great for someone that wants to paint it their own color. Once you paint it, the result is money out of your pocket and the buyers could be narrowed because of the color you decide on. I agree most people do not want a multi-color car but you might not get a whole bunch more for it once painted and then you're out money and trouble. Again, I would try to sell it for what you want, see how close you get to it and then decide if you should take the extra step and paint it. The expense will only go up from here especially if it needs body work.

I'm almost positive I could get $3,000 for it Primered this summer. I was told the motor is new and the tranny looks fixed. I'll fix the no start problem (It's the fuel pump or relay I think) and get the seats installed- then try to sell her. If that don't work Maaco tis or I'll keep it.

around here it wouldnt matter, theres a demand for these cars. and when ya do find one, youre lucky if they dont want 5k+ for them in rough shape. im tryin to talk him into keeping the car and draggin it. this notch hes getting is wayyyyyyy to nice to abuse. and what will we do with our free time since were not working on the 89? lol