how much did your five lug conversion cost

Mustang5L5 said:
$550 for mine

Cobra 13" front disks
SVO 11.35" rear disks
'95 GT/V6 MC and booster and misc hardware

traded my pony rims for my cobra rims

how much for the cobra front disks? Who did you go through?

91BlckGT,
someday my list will be like yours, but untill I get my degree, I'm afraid I'll be rollin on '99 GT brakes, lol.

Anyone know the answer to NKau's question?

1993SSP, you've got pm.

• Sponsors (?)

custom90GT said:
wow, thats a good deal. I would do that, but finding a wrecked SN95 by where i live is like finding a million bucks. I supose I'll have to drive up to denver or something...
why cant money be free?

I haven't seen jack down here, man. There has been exactly one SN95 at the JY I go to (Colorado Auto Parts, in Englewood) for a year or more, and it was a V6 auto. :rolleyes: Check out www.coloradostangs.com, we've got a for sale section that usually has some goodies. :)

Ash

custom90GT said:
how much for the cobra front disks? Who did you go through?

I bought my whole front used off the classifieds on www.corral.net. I bought the Calipers for $150/pr, the spindles for $100/pr and got a set of rotors with 10,000 miles used for $30.

I got my rear disk setup for $100 off the classifieds here, and got my MC and booster off Ebay for $30 combined. Then the rest was misc things like brake lines and fittings and the 3-2 conversion.

I also did mine on a college budget. It took me 6 months to track down good deals on all the parts. Mainly in between classes i would go on ebay or in the classifieds and look til i found a good deal

When i got my calipers, they looked like this
Caliper.jpg

But i didn't feel like taking the wheel off every carwash to repolish, plus i wanted something flashy so i did this
Caliper2.jpg

SOme like it, some don't. I don't care I like it and the car stops on a dime

I like my pony's and 10holes with slicks, i dont wanna go 5 lug get 17" rims to have good braking, what can I do to improve my braking as it is? possibly bigger front disc and rear disc setup? I also like my 31-spline 4lug moser axles :nice:

NeQX said:
I like my pony's and 10holes with slicks, i dont wanna go 5 lug get 17" rims to have good braking, what can I do to improve my braking as it is? possibly bigger front disc and rear disc setup? I also like my 31-spline 4lug moser axles :nice:

Plenty of rear disc conversions out there. That will help you whoa your pony a lil quicker