How much do you pay for gas?

I just came back from my week long trip in Cancun and I was shocked at how high gas has gone up. Right now, gas in my area(a suburb of chicago) goes for $3.00(lately I've seen that now alot of places it have it for $2.89) for octane 87. In Chicago, it's average is $3.15. Before I left(last thursday, you can get octane 87 in the $2.70's)

How much is everyone else paying out there.

• Sponsors (?)

$2.58 down here in Houston TX. You'd think with all the petrol plants that are 20 miles from me, I would get cheaper gas. What happened to all that "War for oil" BS we heard? I want my cheap gas. And who would have guessed gas companies report "Record earnings", I'm no Allan Greenspan, but I say the govt needs to step in and force price ceilings on gas. I think $1.99 FLAT, no 9/10ths, would make people happy to see the old friendly number 1 again, even if it's about $2.

TMX said:
$2.58 down here in Houston TX. You'd think with all the petrol plants that are 20 miles from me, I would get cheaper gas. What happened to all that "War for oil" BS we heard? I want my cheap gas. And who would have guessed gas companies report "Record earnings", I'm no Allan Greenspan, but I say the govt needs to step in and force price ceilings on gas. I think $1.99 FLAT, no 9/10ths, would make people happy to see the old friendly number 1 again, even if it's about $2.

I agree with you except for your last statement. I think they should put gas back at reasonable prices. If you put it at $1.99, I remember when that was expensive. People are going to think that it's cheap, but forget that it's still more than they should be paying.

Here in Homestead, Florida its 2.52 a gallon and if u have a walmart card 2.49!! :D :banana: ....And whats funny is the people who tried to talk crap before about the 6 now love it.

1. Because i beat most of my friends, well all, with it. (Even those who dont like me too much :p )
2. Because i get way better gas mileage than even my friends 4 banger mustang.
3. It sounds just as good as an 8 and faster than some.(at least around this area)
4. Well Its great on gas! about 23-25 City 30-32 highway. :D(Of course driving normal :spot: )

Driving normal i can stretch a tank 2 weeks and a cuple of days. And i drive 15 miles to work 15 miles back and to school about 1 mile there 1 mile back and to my girlfriends house 8 miles there.

Case and point

I LOVE MY 6!!! :banana: :banana: :flag: :flag:

P.S.

I agree if gas was anywhere in the 1 area again i would be so happy :D :hail2: . I would never complain again if gas stayed at 1.99 :D .

Well as far as gas milage, my 1993 I4 Mustang and 2000 V6 Mustang get just about the same gas milage, but the 6 has alot more acceleration and has balls in low range compared to my I4. As for competition with my friends, 95 cavy, 96 grand am, 04 mazda3, 92 MX-3 all are I4s, most of them FWD too.

I agree with you except for your last statement. I think they should put gas back at reasonable prices. If you put it at $1.99, I remember when that was expensive. People are going to think that it's cheap, but forget that it's still more than they should be paying.[/QUOTE]
I agree and its a shame that we'd all be happy and think that it was cheap. I pay $2.49 a gallon here in south jersey. The sad thing is that it just keeps getting higher and higher.

stang302v8 said:
here in carlisle pennsylvania, we are at $2.55 for 87. its hard when you have to fill up on a 1970 gas hog. sometimes i wander if I4 turbo would have been the better choice :(

nahhhh my friend has a wrx and we get almost the same mpg city. well that's boosting all over the place though :nice: