How much faster is the 94-95 than the 96-98?

984.6gt said:
Jesus here we go again. I know if I get an attitude with you I will get flamed, so I will put it like this, I have owned a 1994 Mustang GT, it was a Vert but it was still a 5.0, I took it to the track one time, and it was on street tires, the car ran a 15.4@89mph, it broke about a month later and I found the 98 and bought it, the 98 already had some flowmasters welded in to it, but besides that the car was stock, it felt a good amount quicker than the old 5.0, and when I went to the track it ran 14.6@ over 95mph, on street tires.

It was a vert, thats a dissadvantage, was it an auto or a 5 spd? If you compare a auto vert 94 to a 96 5spd coupe then its not comparing the same thing.

. Most HCI 5.0's see make 260-280RWHP, and that is with the better heads that cost a good amount of money, hell, I can go to a junkyard and find some stock 99-04 GT heads anyday. And we are talking FORD HEADS, from the FACTORY. I am willing to bet there are no E& headed 5.0's making 300HP. And what do you run in the 1/4, you sure do talk alot of ****, it would be funny if my weak ass little 98 GT ran harder than your gods gift to earth 5.0.

with the right combos 5.0s will run close to 300 RWPH on the dyno w/ heads/cam/intake. Ive seen it done numerous times.

As far as your 98 Running over my 5.0 Im not to worried about it b/c by the time the car goes back on the road this summer its going to be in the 12's pushing 340-360 RWHP so feel free to come race me anytime.

• Sponsors (?)

Striped5.0 said:
It was a vert, thats a dissadvantage, was it an auto or a 5 spd? If you compare a auto vert 94 to a 96 5spd coupe then its not comparing the same thing.

with the right combos 5.0s will run close to 300 RWPH on the dyno w/ heads/cam/intake. Ive seen it done numerous times.
The car was a Triple Black 1994 GT 5-Speed, all it had was a K&N. It did weight a bit more, but not .7 and 5mph more. And as far as 300HP 5.0's, that is great and all, but how do you feel about the fact that 4.6L are doing it with factory GT heads and Bolt-ons, where the 5.0 needs Aftermarket Heads, Intake, Cam, and all the bolt-ons. There is a guy on this board making overb 330rwhp with his 4.6L NA, stock displacment, ported stock heads, Bullit Intake, and Bolt-ons, imagine when aftermarket companies start to produce heads, it will make the PI heads look like GT-40P's to the 5.0, can you say 350+HP 4.6L NA.

When you start modding the car its all up in the air, this thread started out stock VS Stock. I do know that 5.0s respond well to mods as does the 4.6 it just takes more Money to mod a 4.6

984.6gt said:
imagine when aftermarket companies start to produce heads, it will make the PI heads look like GT-40P's to the 5.0, can you say 350+HP 4.6L NA.

Imagine the Price on those heads too, you can get a set of Twisted Wedge aluminum heads for $1,000. I doubt very much that you will be able to get aftermarket heads for a 4.6 for $1,000-$1,300.

The 5.0's came chocked from the factory, the stock air flow sucks and our motors cant breath, but once you fee up all that air flow then they really start to make power. The 4.6 heads prob flow air better then stock E7 Heads. I respect the 4.6 from 1999 and up, but its just the 96-98 that dosent impress me much at all.

Another thing to consider is what each engine has to offer in USABLE hp and tq across the ENTIRE rpm band. The 5.0 will come on much earlier and produce more tq early than the 4.6. IMO tq plays a very important part in a fun, fast street car, and the 5.0 definitely has the advantage in that dept.

Alright guys, I am done arguing, in my mind, if you take a 94 GT Coupe 5-Speed, and a 98 GT Coupe 5-Speed, and race them, there will beless than a car lenth difference, and the better driver will win the race. Now take a 98 GT with ALL the Bolt-Ons, and take a 94 GT with ALL the bolt-ons, I think the 5.0 will have the advantage, but not enough to say the 98 is slow. On a lighter now, chheck out my new headlights and the buffing job just did with my new orbital buffer.

fa2d3c1d.jpg

984.6gt said:
. On a lighter now, chheck out my new headlights and the buffing job just did with my new orbital buffer.

Looks very nice :nice: , dident you say that you got that bumper from Ground Dynamics out of Califorina?? If so your one of the lucky ones b/c that company sucks real bad. They cost me almost $100 in shipping to get a bumper back to them that was the biggest POS that I had ever seen, it came cracked and beyond that it was for a 99 Stang and not my 95.

Ground Dynamics :notnice:

I got a set of clear corner and dimmond headlights recently as well, cant wait to get them on but prob wont bother until I put on a new front bumper (stalker)

Yea, I got it from them, it is flemsy, but as long as you don't go around raming hit you should be fine, it has been on my car for over a year now and is holding up fine, I just did not want to fork over the extra $300 for the real Saleen peice. And just in case anybody is wondering, that is Meguires #7, and Meguires #26 Hi Tech Yellow Wax, I have Zaino, but it is at a buddies house, this stuff works just as good, but does not last as long as the Zaino.

984.6gt said:
........ I have Zaino, but it is at a buddies house, this stuff works just as good, but does not last as long as the Zaino.

Zaino is sucks , my friend have 01 bullitt and paint on hood bront and rear bumper is pell off , and shine is bad , my mothers is much better than his zaino stuff

Seth5.0 said:
Zaino is sucks , my friend have 01 bullitt and paint on hood bront and rear bumper is pell off , and shine is bad , my mothers is much better than his zaino stuff
I think your friend needs to follow the directions. I used Zaino and it is an unbelievable shine and I haven't even got to the show car polish, just the swirl and scratch remover. I am going to redo every thing in the spring to do it right, but even with just the prep and swirl and scratch remover it looked amazing!

Jake

Zaino is really good, but a bit harder to use than most waxes, 1st you have to lay a coat of z1, this stuff helps the z2 bond to yours cars paint, then you have to lay some z2 over ther z1, the worst part about it is how long you have to let it cure, take forever, and z2 is so liquidy I am not sure it would even work with a orbital buffer, but the stuff stays on yoyr car forever, it is amazing. and the more coats os z2 you add, the deeper and darker the shine will get, but it does take a whole day or more to get the results you want.

GTJake said:
I think your friend needs to follow the directions. I used Zaino and it is an unbelievable shine and I haven't even got to the show car polish, just the swirl and scratch remover. I am going to redo every thing in the spring to do it right, but even with just the prep and swirl and scratch remover it looked amazing!

Jake
You have a black car, if you want the ultimate shine do this, go to your local oreilies or autozone and pick up these supplies, Meguires #9 swirl remover, #7 Polish, and #26 yellow high tech wax, this is there profesional series. Do one coat of #9 to get the surface really clean, then do a coat of the polish, you can do as many coats as you want, it will get darker everytime, then finifh with the wax, you will be amazed at you paint.

984.6gt said:
And we are talking FORD HEADS, from the FACTORY. I am willing to bet there are no E& headed 5.0's making 300HP.

I have mad respect for the 4.6's, I'd love to have one. But in defense of of my particular setup. I'm running factory Ford heads, and I'm pretty sure I'm pushing 300hp (of course I have a cam). Are you talking about RWHP or FWHP? Not trying to flame, just wondering. Also, there are a lot of factory stock racers that are limited to stock cams and heads making over 300 hp (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

Joes95GT said:
Yes, the only downside to a 281 is that you cannot play with the bore and stroke as much as you can with the 302. The 281 can only be made into a 302. Once the aftermarket opens up for the 4.6, like it has for the 5.0, I think a race between a 4.6 302 and a 5.0 347 would be a very good race, if both cars were on the SN-95 chassis. The 4.6 has a design that yields more power per cube, which makes it a great contender against the 5.0.

Joe

Obviously you have not seen any dynos on the stroker for the 4.6.

And when us 4.6 guys talk of 300 HP we are talking 300 wheel HP, not crank. With stock ported heads the stock displacement 4.6 will make 300 or more at the ground.

Anyway enough about the aftermarket. I considered my car stock at a 14.77 @ 92 With the only mod being a cat-back exhaust.

http://forums.modulardepot.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=185

Go to that link and let that be a be all end all of modular times.

later
Jason

98yellowstang said:
And when us 4.6 guys talk of 300 HP we are talking 300 wheel HP, not crank. With stock ported heads the stock displacement 4.6 will make 300 or more at the ground.
And when "us" 5.0 guys talk of 300 hp we're talking the same thing. I have over 300 to the wheels, thanks. Funny that you think stock ported 2V heads will easily clear 300 rwhp, and the Cobra has trouble doing that with two extra valves.

Anyway enough about the aftermarket. I considered my car stock at a 14.77 @ 92 With the only mod being a cat-back exhaust.
In near stock trim (pullies, cat-back, gears) my 95 GT ran 14.7 @ 96.06 mph.

Dave

HairyCanary said:
And when "us" 5.0 guys talk of 300 hp we're talking the same thing. I have over 300 to the wheels, thanks. Funny that you think stock ported 2V heads will easily clear 300 rwhp, and the Cobra has trouble doing that with two extra valves.

Dave
1996-98 GT + Ported PI Heads + Stock PI Cams + Longtubes+ Bolt-ons + DynoTune=300RWHP.

1994-95 GT + GOOD Aftermarket Heads + GOOD Aftermarket Cam + GOOD Aftermarket Intake Manifold + Longtubes + Bolt-Ons = 300RWHP

What I am ting to say is that both cars need the same mods to reach 300HP, but suprising as it may sound the 4.6 can get there with less money, the PI heads can be had for less than $500 if you look enough, the Manifold is about $100-$200, depending on where you look, the cams are cheap as dirt. And the Bolt-ons for both cars cost about the same, the 5.0 would need at least $800 worth of heads, $400-$500 for an Intake, and $200-300 for a cam that will make 300 to the wheels. Now I will admitt that the 5.0 is easier to work on, but the 4.6 is not brain science.