How much for an upper and lower Cobra intak? How much power?

• Sponsors (?)

are you looking for an Actual Cobra intake or an explorer gt40 intake?
Either way, i honestly dont think you will notice much of a gain at all, seeing as youll be putting it on a 99.9% stock car and will (i assume) be reusing the stock TB ect...just my 2 cents

The Chinese crap has a "Ford Racing" emblem near the throttle body.

A good friend of mine installed a Cobra intake and 65mm throttle body on his 88 that was completely stock except for a cold air intake. He picked up 22 rwhp with no other changes, verified on a dyno.

save the money and find a used edelbrock performer. It will be roughly the same price and it will provide more power when you throw better heads at it later.

How will I know the difference? Someone told me they had a 93 Cobra upper and lower for sale that I was going to take a look at tomorrow or Wednesday.

Part numbers

Upper will have an F3 part number and NOT have Ford Racing cast on the neck.

Lower will have an F3, F4 or F8 part numbers near the distributor hole...also the ACT will be tapped.

If the lower is an F8 lower with the ACT not tapped, it's an explorer intake.

You'll pay anywhere from $200-350 for a Ford Cobra Intake, while an explorer intake (which i think is a better performer) can be had for $75 or less. Doesn't look as pretty though

Thanks for the suggestions.. I am going to look at it today or tomorrow. He said there are some scratches, but otherwise it is in great condition. What should I be looking for on it? Cracks?

Cracks, stripped threads, damage to the gasket surfaces, and any indication of it already being ported. 90% of the time, buying ported stuff is a bad idea, since it might not match your combo. Also, some people just don't know how to port.

I didnt know the intakes are made in China, but the Chinese are replicating it so there are two available. Everyone in here is suggesting to purchase the American made version, not the chinese.

I am running an actual off of a true 93 Cobra and had to dremel the heck out of mine in order to make my 70mm throttle body match since the opening was only 65mm. I have seen some AMAZING numbers with my combo, in fact enough to split the factory block sooner or later, and have only ran a self ported Cobra. I always suggest it as I believe it to be an great intake. :nice:

I can't believe the FRPP Cobra intake is made in China! That's what I wanted for my car, but not anymore.

Yea, you have to be careful. Once they stopped stocking OE replacements, they made some minor design changes and started farming them out to China. There are still good used made-in-America manifolds floating around though, so keep an eye out for one of those if your heart is set on it.