how much money do you have in your fox RIGHT NOW?

hummm....got the roller for 1,500...swapped the power train over from a notch i bought for 2K years ago, spent about $1,000 on the notch, sold stuff off the old notch for about a grand...but paint still pending...hope to finish with a 12 second car with nice paint an five lugs/pbr brakes for under $4,500

• Sponsors (?)

DITTO (minus a few grand perhaps) Dave and I (and others) fall into the "dont want to know" catagory.

The worst part is I paid a few hundred shy of 10K for the car itself when it was stock :bang: I had absolutely no plans of spending any money on it; I wasn't even a car guy at all. Had I known what was gonna happen I could've at least spent about 1/3 that cost on a fixer upper seeing as I redid 90+% of the car anyway :shrug:

The worst part is I paid a few hundred shy of 10K for the car itself when it was stock :bang: I had absolutely no plans of spending any money on it; I wasn't even a car guy at all. Had I known what was gonna happen I could've at least spent about 1/3 that cost on a fixer upper seeing as I redid 90+% of the car anyway :shrug:

What do you think you got in your car? Just a guesstimate... im easily in the 30's. Probably end up in 40's when i'm done with this project.

As mentioned above, I don't want to know how much I have into my GT. I got my Cobra in pretty good shape so I only spent about 2K on it refinishing the wheels, trim stuff, and changing some items back to way overpriced stock stuff. The cobra is done now so it is back to the GT :nonono:

What do you think you got in your car? Just a guesstimate... im easily in the 30's. Probably end up in 40's when i'm done with this project.

No idea aside from in the 30's somewhere . I stopped counting years ago before the brake swap & new rims, lots of chrome, heads and rockers, blower upgrade + powerpipe & larger maf/injectors + tune, and the $3K transmission build.

Plus a couple random purchases of 100-200 for smaller things which add up quickly. I plan to start fixing the stupid little things that bother me this winter, so that'll add another nice chunk of change. At least I can feel better that with each project I do, the closer it'll be to perfect (although i know it'll never be...but I can get close!) and the less crap will be bothering me overall :)

I'm out of room in the accordion folder in which I keep my receipts, put it that way :lol: Got to divide it up somehow or get a new one.

this sums it all up nicely, i think:

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

I've never bothered to add it all up, but I paid $10k for it in 1998 and I know I've "invested" well over another 10 in it.

It doesn't matter. We don't have any kids to leave the money to, so we spend it on our cars and other fun stuff.

wow you guys have spent alot of money!!! I just picked up a 89 lx convert for 2200 with nice mods runs 12.7's and am putting a 125 shot on her to bring her down to the 11's and the grand total will be under 3000 with the car.

I built mine from a junkyard 4cyl.....to a beautiful 5.0L 5 speed. Not even gonna say how much...because it is so cheap it will make you sick.

All I will say is that I have turned down offers of 7,500, and 8,500 dollars. And my car wasn't even for sale....this was at the Woodward Dream Cruise...people just walking by. If I accepted it, I would be making out great!