how much money do you have in your fox RIGHT NOW?

• Sponsors (?)

Oh crap. $5,500 for the car, $1,400 in wheels/tires (not including drag wheels), $2,400 in the engine, $400 in the brake/5-lug upgrade, $3,000 in paint last year, oh, easily $1,000 in headers/exhaust this spring, just rebuilt a ford posi I had to purchase for $100 total, $1,000 in miscellaneous maintenance items wouldn't be far off.

$14,800 to build a car worth maybe $6,000-$7,000. That's sane, right? The worst part is, I bought the car thinking I'd be happy with it the way it sat.........idiot.

Initial Cost: $4,000

NOT INSTALLED
Ford Racing:
GT40 X Aluminum Heads (58 cc)
Roller Lifters
1.6 Roller Rockers
Rods
Head Gasket/Bolt kit
Valve Covers
3.73 Gears
B303 Cam

MAC:
1 5/8" Shorty Headers
2 1/2 H-Pipe
2 1/2 Cat Back (minus mufflers I already have flowmasters)

BBK SSI Intake

Cold Air Intake

K&N Conical Filter

Subframe Connectors (weld in/under the seat) BBK or MAC??? I forget

95 Taurus Electric Fan

Installed
Rear Shocks (Heavy Duty- never do that, soon to be replaced :lol:)

Underdrive pullies I'm going to throw in the garbage

Accufab 70mm Throttle Body

C&L 76mm 19lb MAF

Harwood 2 1/2" COWL Hood

Black Powder Coated 17" x 9" Cobra R's

Kumho 255's & 245's

Auto Guage Silver Monster Tach, Oil Pressure, Water Temp

= No idea

$8,000 - $9,000 :shrug:

Actually i just sat down and added this up the other day. I've got just about 12k dollars into mine and thats NO motor work yet. Mostly all body work, different bumpers, wheels and tires, stereo all that good stuff. Next in line is getting rid of the red interior and doing some motor work. And the price of the car was only 500 dollars because my mom sold it to me for that much.

I just looked. I found $2.17 in and under the front seats and on the rear seat floor. I have another $4.26 in the ash tray (including a quarter that I found in the center console). I could probably find more if I removed the rear seat and looked in the spare tire well but for now...

$6.43!

I just looked. I found $2.17 in and under the front seats and on the rear seat floor. I have another $4.26 in the ash tray (including a quarter that I found in the center console). I could probably find more if I removed the rear seat and looked in the spare tire well but for now...

$6.43!

It took a long time before somebody caught on and made a joke!!! Good one!

:nice: :rlaugh: :lol:

This thread is depressing. I've been keeping my eye on Foxes to possibly one day replace the 04 I sold a while back.....but I'm not sure I could control myself and would probably spend 20k too.

wow, you guys are really making me feel bad. I've got the following into it:

$4600 for the car
crash = $7000 repair/repaint/resto
$2000 - 5-lug conversion
$1000 - gears/trak-lok/sub-frames
$3000 - Misc repairs/parts

So its all about $18,000 into my car which is basically stock lol. I dont know how I spend so much money on a car that rarely breaks, has no mods, and is nowhere near a show car... I also do most work on my own, so its pretty confusing.

Next year may be a big year for it, depending on how funds go. I could be looking at a lot of disposable income so I might be in a position to throw like $15,000 into the car. Looking at a trickflow top end kit, big brake kit, and some mild suspension work.

In my opinion it shouldnt matter!! As long as you are having fun and enjoy your car or cars, thats the purpose of a HOBBY. The biggest thing is knowing what you can afford , being able to afford it and having an understanding spouse!!!

In my opinion it shouldnt matter!! As long as you are having fun and enjoy your car or cars, thats the purpose of a HOBBY. The biggest thing is knowing what you can afford , being able to afford it and having an understanding spouse!!!

Rule #1 with being happy with your car, is you NEVER add up the totals....you'll never feel like you're ahead. I've got about $5k into mine and you can't even see any of it since it's 90% drivetrain.

Rule #1 with being happy with your car, is you NEVER add up the totals....you'll never feel like you're ahead. I've got about $5k into mine and you can't even see any of it since it's 90% drivetrain.

+1

lets see, i paid 3k for the car, and probably around 3-4k in repairs/rebuilds and another 1k in upgrades and such. so 7-8k total. i do a lot of trading and i've gotten some used parts. also i do all the work myself, otherwise i'd never be able to afford to get anything done!

$6.43!

It took a long time before somebody caught on and made a joke!!! Good one!

:nice: :rlaugh: :lol:
some1 said it on the 1st page already.

that was the 1st thing i thought of 2 but didnt want 2 repeat the joke ;)

Wow, I gotta start breaking into Stangs. You guys keep a lot of money in your cars! I have absolutely nothing in there. I used to have a couple coins in the ashtray but they rattled around and annoyed me so I took them out...