How much to expect parting a 88GT with bolt ons?

As some of you know my 88GT was totaled and i bought it back from the insurance company. It was a front driver corner hit. Suspension and everything mechanical is still good, just a damaged front bumper, hood, and fender. The frame was bent in the front slightly. I am in the process of getting a salvage title for it, so was going to sell as a whole, but was told I cant transfer a salvage title unless the person is a dealer. So i decided to part it...

How much is average to part a 88GT with 94k original miles? It does have some mods... GT40 upper and lower, MSD ignition, flowmaster exhaust with X pipe, K&N intake, 373 gears in the rear, tranny has a upgrade kit and is good for 500 horse, hurst shifter, drag springs, weld draglites with good tires. Motor is in great shape!! How much do you think I can make off this car? I will be stripping everything, and then scrap the rest and make a few bucks off the scrap. Also what should I ask for some of the bigger parts?

Thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

what you need to do is part the hell out of it and put a stand up at Carlisle, pa (spring show or all ford show would be good for this). you will move alot of stuff fast and its a bad ass swap meet and car show.

The carlisle idea is good. Im only about an hour away. I will try and sell stuff local at alot of people are interested in parts so may not have to do that.

this is not a for sale thread. I just dont know if i should be expecting $1k or $4k off this car.

I was going to sell it as a whole for $1500, thats with the weld wheels and everything. If i get more then that, which i should have no problems.... I will be happy.

I'm in the parts business. Keeping the engine complete in our business is the best way to recoupe a lot of money. However being that it has a lot of aftermarket parts, like intake, exhaust, heads maybe...didn't read your whole OP. I'd part the engine out if it has all that. If the heads are stock, get a stock intake, slap it on and sell the GT40. I'd also sell all the body parts that are salvageable.

Interior parts are kinda hot depending on color and condition, so don't give it away.

Heads are stock. Just has minor bolt ons.

Yes, keeping the motor complete is what i was thinking and already have 3 locals interested in it. Not sure what to ask for any of this stuff, so will have to do some research.

The interior has power everything, and cloth seats in good shape. Gray interior, andEverything is a little dirty, but no tears, rips, or cracks in any interior parts.

if your friend wants the car, repair the car keep the receipts for the repair, make sure they are in your name, take the salvage certificate and receipts in and apply for a rebuit title, then you can transfer and sell it

Not too big of a deal, if you had a receipt for a fender, hood, bumper cover and headlamps, plus fill out that you did the labor yourself and you should be good to go :nice:

I put the car for parts on craigslist, and got about 50 e-mails within a 24 hours period. The way this is going, i think i can make close to $3k off this car in parts. maybe more....

In PA it needs to go through a strict inspection before you can get a r-title for it. that alone cost about $400.

I think parting it is the way to go for maximum profit.

Just pulled the motor and tranny tonight. Has a few things i never noticed... It says "accufab" in the throttle body.... aftermarket? Also has a pro 5.0 shifter, with a pro 5.0 tower power?? plate on the tranny..... Any of that stuff good?