how short/crisp is a triax???

VIPERn94Five-0

Founding Member
Apr 28, 2002
Poughkeepsie, NY
ok i need a short throw...NOW....tonight a buddy of mine with a civic hatch with a single cam vtec swap needed to run to our local Honda dealer to check on a price for a head gasket cuz we need to pull his head and take out an plug from the block cuz the moron who put his hybrid motor together didnt take it out so Vtec does not engage...but anyways we got to play with an 04 Honda S2000....WOW...the car feels PERFECT to sit in...and the shifter??....to die for....it just ratchets into gear like mint and is shorter than short....im just wondering how the triax feels....because i really want that perfect shifter feeling on my stang....

Anthony

• Sponsors (?)

triax and pro5.0 are almost same from what im told. actually, my pro5.0 should be here tomorrow cause it didnt show up today :( . i heard its such a short throw and so smooth to go into. its almost a breeze to go from any gear. i cant wait to tear into my t-5 :)

HazMat404 said:
triax and pro5.0 are almost same from what im told. actually, my pro5.0 should be here tomorrow cause it didnt show up today :( . i heard its such a short throw and so smooth to go into. its almost a breeze to go from any gear. i cant wait to tear into my t-5 :)

U hit it on the nose. :hail2: I got mine on monday and I HAD to get it in the same day. I'm loving it.

well i heard the best combo is the pro5.0 tower and the triax handle.....with my car :D ....i mean. anyways. they are similar but people have personal preferences just like colors. and i hate you for getting it the same day. i better get mine tomorrow or im gonna throw a fit this whole state is gonna recognize

It may have been just me, but the full Tri-ax setup takes some getting used to. It's a little notchy and finding first gear can be a bit tricky for the first couple of miles. 3rd is also a little tricky to find too, but once you get used to it, you will like it so much better.

Joe