how to clean pistons?

• Sponsors (?)

i would not sand blast, or wire brush the pistons. use brake cleaner and a rag. i wouldn't do anything that is going to effect the finish of the pistons, especially on the outside edge and wrist pin location.

270/270 duration 540/540 lift and 114 LSA
that just doesn't make sence, stage III 278AH which are basically impossible to degree and need fly-cutting usually are 242/246. I went to powerhead's site and it posts .510"x.530" cams and no duration specs. Either you got those figures wrong or you're never going to make those work. 230 intake would be really high for a stage 1.

that just doesn't make sence, stage III 278AH which are basically impossible to degree and need fly-cutting usually are 242/246. I went to powerhead's site and it posts .510"x.530" cams and no duration specs. Either you got those figures wrong or you're never going to make those work. 230 intake would be really high for a stage 1.

.510x.530 is the stock pi cam that comes with there head kit, or you can up grade with there regrinds for an extra 400$ powerheads has 2 stages, HOT STEET (which mine are) and PRO STREET.

hot steet 540/540 lift, 270/270 advertised duration, (i talked to them on the phone)

pro street 540/540 lift, 280/280 advertised duration.

.510x.530 is the stock pi cam that comes with there head kit, or you can up grade with there regrinds for an extra 400$ powerheads has 2 stages, HOT STEET (which mine are) and PRO STREET.

hot steet 540/540 lift, 270/270 advertised duration, (i talked to them on the phone)

pro street 540/540 lift, 280/280 advertised duration.
That's a crazy amount of duration - i'd like to see the real specs on those like lift cycle some time. Maybe thats why they sound good, but i have no idea how those are going to be timed, perhaps that's just how regrinds behave.

That's a crazy amount of duration - i'd like to see the real specs on those like lift cycle some time. Maybe thats why they sound good, but i have no idea how those are going to be timed, perhaps that's just how regrinds behave.

when you say timed, you mean degreed? i dont think they can be degreed, as they are windsor cams with pressed on gears :shrug: