How to cover up 1/2 inch hole :(

super302

I'd do anything for free Bapples
May 29, 2004
Davenport, IA
I plan on taking my stupid roof-mounted antenna off, but there is a hole (ciruclar) the size of a nickel where it comes out of, i want to know the most cost effective (but still look good from 2 feet away) solution :nice:

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

i would just use a solid black rubber push in type grommet.i think they also make hard metal ones that are black that could pop in there spray it silver..
hey you could purge nitrous out of it :D

91lxvert said:
i would just use a solid black rubber push in type grommet.i think they also make hard metal ones that are black that could pop in there spray it silver..
hey you could purge nitrous out of it :D
maybe i'll give that a try, it'll prob be real obvious (colors wont match....i'll prob end up keeping that damn thing on the roof :nonono:

:rlaugh: about the nitrous purge

Are you worried about water seeping in and ruining the headliner, causing rust, etc?

I know you dont like the antenna, but I would leave it be.

Good luck Patrick.

HISSIN50 said:
Are you worried about water seeping in and ruining the headliner, causing rust, etc?

I know you dont like the antenna, but I would leave it be.

Good luck Patrick.
I'm gonna most likely keep it (unique :rolleyes: )

I did think about that (rust/water), but just tried to wiegh my options :shrug:

i had to fix similar when i put my cobra wing on. the hole for the third brake light wiring was exposed. i got some nylon plugs from the hardware store and pushed them in.

i never leaked water and never had any issues. you could get one of those and some touchup paint and paint it, wouldnt stand out until you were really close. they are pretty low profile, so it would just be a little bubble on the roof :shrug:

that would be the simpliest thing i can think of.

If you have a radio communications place around close (the kind that services police cruisers and such) check there. They have rubber plugs made just for this purpose. Should cost less than a dollar. You woul dstill have a rubber plug on your roof, but it might not be as noticeable as the antenna.