how to do a burnout?

I know this is probably a question you hear all the time and I don't feel bad asking but how do you do a burnout. I have 3.73 gears in my mustang and have just never done a burnout in my car. with the mickey thompson 275's going on my car I thought it would be important. it is a 5 speed

• Sponsors (?)

I know this is probably a question you hear all the time and I don't feel bad asking but how do you do a burnout. I have 3.73 gears in my mustang and have just never done a burnout in my car. with the mickey thompson 275's going on my car I thought it would be important. it is a 5 speed

right heal on brake, right toe on gas dump clutch and push in on the brake until it stops and sit and spin.

or left foot on gas left on clutch red line it :D dump clutch and imediatly place left foot on brake

Using your right foot, press in the brake pedel.....allow the edge of your foot or toe of the same foot to operate the gas pedel, leaving your left foot on the clutch. Put it in 2nd gear, rev the engine (with your toe) to about 2k and then let out the clutch while keeping firm pressure on the brake. It takes a little practice but it's easier than it sounds.

You wanna use 2nd because it'll spin the wheels faster at a lower RPM so you don't have to beat the engine so bad to do a decent burnout. You're probably going to get a zillion opinions on this one, but that's how i've always done it and i've never broke anything.

When done properly, here's the results:
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/2e685e28-cd53-4f80-841f-508a32c26c36.htm

You basically have to adjust the pressure of your right foot between the brake and the gas to be able to feather it enough to allow the car to move while still spinning the tires, otherwise like if you're at the track, you want enough pressure on the brakes to keep the car from moving, while leaning your toe over enough to keep the RPMs where you want them while doing the burnout.

I just want to make sure I do it right before I do it because of my clutch. I have a 320 dollar new centerforce dual friction clutch in my car and do not want to mess it up. lol. that is why I am checking

Just make sure you have at least 500 miles of break in on the new clutch and you should be fine.

get a line lock lol:Track:

pills11.com ;))

Line locks for for crippled people with only one leg :D

I wonder why nosjunkie even replies to ads like this. I know I don't know how to do a burnout yet but I changed the clutch, changed the rear seal, fuel pump. so I do know how to work on these cars and it's kind of like a slap in the face when someone is trying to learn something and they have people like nosjunkie has to add in about pills11.com? keep that for the smartass forum. I mean I am an easy going guy just wondering why you feel the need to waste your time replying when you were no help to me at all

they way i do it, put right heel on brake and press hard, the front of my right foot controls the gas. left foot gets the clutch. i pop it in 2nd rev it like 4k and dump it, it will turn them over and be sure to jeep the foot on the break and i have big feet. i can keep the brake pressed and still feather the throttle with the front of my right foot.

they way i do it, put right heel on brake and press hard, the front of my right foot controls the gas. left foot gets the clutch. i pop it in 2nd rev it like 4k and dump it, it will turn them over and be sure to jeep the foot on the break and i have big feet. i can keep the brake pressed and still feather the throttle with the front of my right foot.

yeah, what he said. at least that's how i do it too.

I wonder why nosjunkie even replies to ads like this. I know I don't know how to do a burnout yet but I changed the clutch, changed the rear seal, fuel pump. so I do know how to work on these cars and it's kind of like a slap in the face when someone is trying to learn something and they have people like nosjunkie has to add in about pills11.com? keep that for the smartass forum. I mean I am an easy going guy just wondering why you feel the need to waste your time replying when you were no help to me at all

He's mentally challenged...give him a break :D

Give it a try like i said above and you'll pick it up. Sit in the car with it in neutral and get a feel for holding the brake in while tilting your toe over to hit the gas and practice reving up that way. Once you feel comfortable doing that then all that's left is putting it in gear and dropping the clutch.

i remember back when i couldnt do a burnout with a 5 speed in my car, i'd try to dump it and i was too slow and couldnt get the car to stop and it looked stilly. then i started keeping the brake down. and its 100x better.

i tried to dump it in 3rd and it bogged and died. i tried to shift but you have to do it fast and keep the rpms up so you can keep them spinning after you shift.

once i get my supercharger in the next month or so i hope i can start roasting them in 3rd or 4th

i love the vids of cobras doing wicked 4th gear burnouts and SMOKING the tires. and i mean SMMOOOKIIINNNG!

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/sick+cobra+burnout/0/7d4e3e4f-8520-4f9a-884c-3bcd6bd9b469.htm
take a look and see what i mean. one of my favorite vids!

dont ask dumb ?s if you dont want dumb replies besides i didnt respond to your ? other that buying a cheep line lock i was responding to that other guy and his line locks are for old people with one leg bull **** so to be honest go .......................................................nevermind who gives a **** the day some on this site out runs me is the day ill call the internet company to turn my **** off i can help out alot ive been there in your shoes its just been 14 years ago is all so what i said to piss u off wasnt towards you it was the responce to what i said about the line lock take it as you want i dont give a ***.................:Track:

pills11.com ;))

There are some 9 second cars lurking on these boards...i'd watch who you call out if you really plan on backing that statement up :D

look im not trying to be an ass but i got a ton of money in my pro50 car and someon to sit there and tell me to hush over 9 secs i had to come back and say bring it where are you from by the way just curious cause i still hold several records in va nc and tenn

pills11.com ;))

ill race ya...*runs to fire up the tractor* :D

Cincinnati....and we have plenty of 7.80 and low 8 second cars here as well :D

The thing is, 1) you're new and nobody knows your personality and right now, you're coming off like an ass, 2) nobody cares to hear about these super fast cars unless you can show proof that you have them in which case people will take a genuine interest, and 3) what started out as poking fun seems like you're beginning to take too seriously so i'm gonna lay off this thread and let your blood pressure settle :D

9s lol now ya wana call me out boy ive been a 798 @ 179 mph b4 and will do it again b4 the mnth is out well not that time cause im goin to be racing the 1/8 but dont te4ll me what to watch for the thang about me is if i and when i get out run i just got more and more and i get out run all the time and like i said more and more lol dont even respong unless ya know the **** i am ........................out and may i say that was on a 10 inch tire small block ................no turbo no blower all nos well for the most part:Track:

pills11.com ;))

Calm down Beavis!! :p And shouldn't there be a period in there somewhere? :nice: Your old English teachers would be very sad if they saw that. :D

NOSJUNKY. Settle the f down. All that guy is asking is how to do a burn out. Now if you plan on helping him out with his problems, by all means do it! But if you want to "call out" people to race you.... then make a thread about that. Quit going off topic about useless crap. "oh my balls are bigger then yours" kinda thing.