How to Dyno Tune?

90mustangGT

I felt sorry for girls because
Founding Member
Jan 15, 2002
Dallas, GA
I need to take my car to the dyno soon so I can do a little tuning. I think it is either 3 pulls for $60 or something or just $20 a pull. I don't want to spend too much money here. On my first baseline pull, what timing and fuel pressure setting should I start with. I was thinking 40psi fuel and 14* timing and then seeing my fuel air ratio and making adjutments from there. What is a good fuel:air ratio for a N/A combo like mine? Sig on bottom.

• Sponsors (?)

Baseline pulls are the cheap 2-3 pulls to give hp/tq #'s. For tuning most shops charge by the hour or half hour to hook up the wideband and as many pulls as you can do, make a pull look at the a/f ratio make adjustments and pull again til your happy and hope it doesnt take very long. The local shop here i think is 150 an hour for a guidline.

Place I go to charges 85.00 an hour for tuning...as many pulls as you can get in, i got 8 in....i went there with the car running good....timing was where i felt it ran best..14....4 pulls up and down lost hp everytime...14 was the sweet spot....i was at 42 lbs FP going in.....only gain we found was 8 hp by turning the FP down to 38, that put the AF around 12.7 - 13.0

If your cars running decent.. couple timing pulls with the wideband in there for info...find the best timing and then adj fuel according to what you seen on the timing pulls...

Im heading back in April..in the process of adding 24s, Fox TB set-up with a 93 Cobra intake and i added some 1.6 Scorps...we'll see what that nets me from my last pulls with the Tmoss stock lower.... :banana: Come on Spring....