How To Install Bolt On Sub-Frame Connectors

• Sponsors (?)

here's a little update.since i installed these connectors,the passanger side muffler would rattle against the rear connector bolts.

i put the bolts in the wrong way:rolleyes:and was too lazy to get back under there and turn them around:nonono:.

the nut is too thick,that's why the muffler would rattle against it,as you can see.
HPIM2555.jpg

here's where it rubbed against the muffler.
HPIM3493.jpg

i took the bolt's out and turned them around.first i checked them for any abnormal wear.they looked good as you can see.
HPIM3499.jpg

i checked the hole's to see if they were elongated,they were not.the bolt still fit snug.
HPIM3494.jpg

HPIM3495.jpg

reinstalled them with the head of the bolts on the inside of the frame rail.
HPIM3500.jpg

drove home after and no rattle:)
Hello, I know this thread is from quite a while ago...I was just wondering how these bolt-in subframe connectors worked out in the longer run?...did you get them welded eventually...were there any issues down the road with them loosening or elongated bolt holes?...thankyou very much in advance, Andrew from CT.

Weld them in, looking at the subframes, they are like a box, no support between the sides so unless you put a tube between the walls to run the bolts through and hold the walls from moving when you tighten the bolts all you will do is deform the subframes and it will loosen up.
At least thats how I look at it.

Hello, I know this thread is from quite a while ago...I was just wondering how these bolt-in subframe connectors worked out in the longer run?...did you get them welded eventually...were there any issues down the road with them loosening or elongated bolt holes?...thankyou very much in advance, Andrew from CT.
Weld in is the best way to go.

I never had mine welded.
They never loosened up or elongated the holes.
One survived the driver side rear impact by a drunk driver that destroyed my Mustang.
The other did not.