How to make the stang handle reallly good

DrK MrK iV

Jan 11, 2004
Charlotte
I was thinking it over... And although I would like to drag race this car, I think backroads and cruising around are much more fun for me. So, in short what will it take to get this to handle just as well as an e30 (m3) or a 350z?
Bilstein shocks/struts
springs (dunno what rates or anything)
Subframes
CC plates

What else would there to be to make this car handle a hell of a lot better? Is it worth modding it suspension wise? Thanks. Oh, mines an 04 5spd GT too.

• Sponsors (?)

DrK MrK iV said:
I was thinking it over... And although I would like to drag race this car, I think backroads and cruising around are much more fun for me. So, in short what will it take to get this to handle just as well as an e30 (m3) or a 350z?
Bilstein shocks/struts
springs (dunno what rates or anything)
Subframes
CC plates

What else would there to be to make this car handle a hell of a lot better? Is it worth modding it suspension wise? Thanks. Oh, mines an 04 5spd GT too.
Bilsteins are on track.
Springs I'd check out either Steeda Sports or competion (which will be stiffer). In my opinion if you get a 600+ lbs compression in front and a 250ish compression in rear, you are gonna have a pretty solid spring setup.
Subframes I love mine from www.griggsracing.com (only 89 bucks and wiped away a lot of body flex and squeaking noises)
CC plates aren't necessary unless you drop more than 1.5".. The steeda springs drop you 1.25"
The next link is Lower Control Arms. I think the three most popular would have to be Steeda Aluminums, Maximum Motorsports, and Pro3i's (street versions of course)

I'm ordering the steeda LCA's in a week

Also.. going to 18" weels and tires makes a huge difference. My car is flatter in the turns and carves much cleaner with a 26mm offset on 18x9's all around.

let us know if you have any more questions

-wade

I have Steeda Sport Springs and Bilstein struts and shocks along with sub frame connectors. This has helped a lot but the biggest difference I noticed was the adjustable rear sway arm.

how about if you swap rear with IRS kit from FRPP? I mean Cobra handles great from start, and since its developed for much higher power car(i.e. Y2KR, 03Cobra), it'll handle less powered GT with ease :shrug:

mity2 said:
how about if you swap rear with IRS kit from FRPP? I mean Cobra handles great from start, and since its developed for much higher power car(i.e. Y2KR, 03Cobra), it'll handle less powered GT with ease :shrug:

they do handle better but not by much. I'd keep the live axle setup and mod it from there.