How to remove a door panel?

uk01gt

Apr 10, 2004
England
I need to remove the passenger side door panel, as the window glass has dropped at the leading edge about 1/8 th of an inch. This means a horrid wind whistle at speed. I'm guessing the runners have come loose somehow.

I'm pretty sure I'll have to pop out the window switches, but there aren't any exterior screws holding the door panel on. Is it all held on with Christmas tree clips? Don't want to bust anything.

• Sponsors (?)

uk01gt,

Here is a link that covers how to paint interior pieces and it will show you how to get the bezel with the door switches out. After you do that there are two screws that need to be removed that were behind the bezel. These help hold the panel on to the door. The inner ring on the door handle pops out and the rest of the panel is hooked into the door. Grab the bottom of the panel and lift up and out. I hope this is enough to help you get your door apart.

http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/interiorpnt/interiorpaint.htm

the door panel is a pretty easy to remove, putting it back on is the hard part. you need to pull off the little plastic panel right behind the electronic window and door switches. there should be a few screws behind it you need to remove. then pull off the switch panel and disconnect the harness. after making sure you have removed all the screws behind those panels, there should be a plastic clip you need to pull out that is on the side of the door, close to the bottom on the part of the door that is closest to the front of the car. your going to need some a flat head screw driver, and maybe some wire cutters to pull it out. then pop off the panel behind the door handle, and lift the door strait up, and pull it towards you. once you get the door off you'll see all the little plastic hooks you need to line up when you reinstall it.