Hows everyone like their Pro-kit?

Boss75

May 6, 2004
Lubbock, TX
I'm thinking about getting the Eibach pro-kit and was wondering how you people like em. Whats the car ride like now, how is handleing improved and so forth? I've heard though that if you drop the car too low it messes with the steering or something, and I definately don't want to do that. Also, how far did your car drop with a pro-kit?

• Sponsors (?)

I had the pro kit put on my vert about 2 weeks ago - I love it !!! Dropped about 1-1/4" to 1-1/2" was worried about too stiff of a ride - not so, the stock felt mushy where this feels solid but not at all harsh - I couldn't be happier, takes curves much better. I need to go in for an alignment and see if I need the plates, I don't think I will, we will see.

o3redfire said:
I had the pro kit put on my vert about 2 weeks ago - I love it !!! Dropped about 1-1/4" to 1-1/2" was worried about too stiff of a ride - not so, the stock felt mushy where this feels solid but not at all harsh - I couldn't be happier, takes curves much better. I need to go in for an alignment and see if I need the plates, I don't think I will, we will see.

Ditto.. Had mine for about 6 months now... no complaints at all and the car sits much better... I would never go with the sportlines now that I have the Pro-Kit... This drop is perfect. You really don't "need" the caster camber plates, but getting them doesn't hurt either. The steering is not affected at all, but your front A-Arms will not sit parallel to the ground. So, your suspension might not work "perfectly", but you won't notice unless you roadrace the car.

Much better stance with the Pro-kit. Dropped me 1.5" + all corners.

Sportline is too low...have problems with big speed bumps with p/k (just go SLOW and one tire at a time)

I would recommend c.c plates;friend didnt and wore inside of tire down to cables.

I have 4 bolt J&M (had to get Hotchkis for Boss) if you are interested. I have them posted on the stangnet trader under suspension.

I really like my Pro-Kit springs. Not too much drop and significant improvement in handling. I helped put in some H&R SS springs. Looks sweet but, the drop was real low and driving it is a PITA, scrapes on everything.

Small%2005.jpg

I did need C/C plates

CC%20Plates.jpg

Attachments

• Small%2005.jpg
    Small%2005.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 43
  • CC%20Plates.jpg
    CC%20Plates.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 42
o3redfire said:

So tell me, did you need the plates or not?

hey guys i have a prokit also but my front is higher den the rear..... the previous owner didnt want to scratch his front so he decided to raise the front bout a inch higher..... is there anyway i can drop the front to even out all 4 corners

also i just bought cc plates but the install cost is pretty pricey..... i waswondering if you can install cc plates yourself??

thanx guys