How's your seat adjusted?

blackraven

Aug 19, 2006
Trenton, NJ
I have yet to find "the sweet spot" for my driver's seat (but may have come close today). So it got me thinking, "How's your seat adjusted?" Do you sit high, do you sit low? Do you out stretch your legs, or cram up your toes? (It's a long day at work)

I previously found myself sitting a bit high with the front of the seat lifted. I found it much more comfortable (and better responsiveness of the road) when I lowered the front down, brought the back in, & readjusted the steering wheel (I'm not sliding around as much).

• Sponsors (?)

You have to do what is best for you. What is best for me may be all wrong for you.

My legs are on the short side and I tend to get a cramp if I stretch them out, so I sit fairly far forward.

I think you are definitely on the right track by lowering the front of the seat cushion. It's a more natural seating position.

I have the back of the seat cushion raised somewhat.

I recline the seat back enough so that the head rest does not push my head forward and gives me a bit of clearance between my head and the head rest.

The steering wheel is in the full up position. With the seat fairly far forward and the clearance I like to get in and out of the car, that works for me. If I had a smaller circumference, I would probably want the steering wheel down somewhat.

Sure wish there were a memory position. Someone changes the settings, and well--you know.

When I first bought mine, I had the seat all the way up, just to get used to the car....

Now I have the rear of the seat as far down as possible, with the front of the seat just slightly above that. (I find that's the best position for MY legs to activate the clutch.) I have the wheel all the way down, and the seat reclined just far enough for me to reach the 10 o'clock position when resting comfortibly.

In the end, it will really depend on your size, and what feels comfortable for you. Personally, I'm 5'6" on a good day, and this is what works for me. With so many possible adjustments, it can take some time to find a comfortable position, but once you find it, try and stick with it.

Now if only our seat backs returned to their original position after folding them forward.... It really wouldn't have cost Ford anything, yet they left it out!:notnice: