HP and TQ curves

rpburnette

May 22, 2003
Tampa, FL
Does anyone know of a site that has a good list of different cars HP and TQ curves, and car weight. I have been looking at a lot of different cars, some sport, some luxery, and some just plain commuter cars. A lot of cars these days are making 250+ HP with just a V6. Even Buick is making a car that has a V8 with 300 HP and a supposed 0-60 time of 5.7 seconds. That is a 4-door family car. I know that peak HP is only a small part the picture when looking at a cars performance, that is why I want to look at the entire curve and weight will help. I love my Mustang and will keep it and eventually turn it into a track car, but I would love to get a new car with some preformance right out of the box.

On another note, why does Ford continue to underpower the Mustang. I know this has been talked about a lot, but if Ford doesn't put more power in the base GT instead of these high price special editions, than a lot of people will start getting other cars that are priced like the base GT that will beat the GT.

• Sponsors (?)