Hp esitmate?

• Sponsors (?)

I had the same mods as you on my 89GT and I added the same stuff you are adding. I ran the same as you ~14.90.
After the bolt ons you described, and 373's, I dropped down to a ~14.40.
Id have to guess they free up about 15-20 horse....

The cold air intake is a waste of money. If you already have a good exhaust on the car you won't see more than 15-20 horse out of both the pulleys and headers combined; just as atey950 said. Both the headers and pulleys are money well spent though. If you are looking for better track times, look into adding subframe connectors and a good set of drag radials.

Well, I plan on getting a CAI the same time I get a mass air meter, in 5.0 magazine they did a dyno test, the cold air alone gives 0hp and 4tq, they then added a 75mm PRO-m mass air, it was a gain of 6hp and an additional 4tq for 6hp + 8tq total. The 75mm PRO-m goes for $169 US off the site I'm getting it from, not sure if it may be cheaper other places.

For the money you're looking to spend, find a lower intake on e-bay or in a junkyard and send it to TMOSS and have it ported. Even with stock heads it's good for 20 hp or better depending on your mods. Do a search for "tmoss". He's even got dyno charts of customers cars on his site. I can say with 100% confidence that his $135 port job is the best bang for your buck at this point. I plan on installing one of his ported pieces once I pull my car out of storage this spring. To be absolutely honest, I think you'd be throwing your money away on a MAF at this stage as well. The benefits of having a larger MAF don't really show until you've upgraded your intake and heads anyway. I'd worry about the MAF after you've done some other mods.

He was talking about stuff he could just bolt on. Sure a ported lower is "bolt on", but so is a blower, nitrous, stroker kits, and engine swaps. Considering he doesn't know what a C&L is, he probably doesn't want to get into replacing intakes right now. But who knows.

Your best bet might be to talk to TMOSS. He may have a ported lower on hand that he can sell you. So you have less down time. The lower intake isn't that hard to replace. But pulling the fuel rail and injectors takes a little patience. Don't want to rush when you're dealing with fuel. Probably a good idea to replace your injector o-rings too. Make sure you get a good seal with your gaskets. But, with how much work it is to pull an intake, I'd rather just save up for a Cobra intake or the equivalent and replace your stock intake all together.

Fox Saleen 163 said:
Your best bet might be to talk to TMOSS. He may have a ported lower on hand that he can sell you. So you have less down time. The lower intake isn't that hard to replace.

You can do it either way - send me yours or buy one I already have done. Either way final cost is ~$130 if you send me your old lower back. Outright purchase is $150 with refund when core is returned.

But... I would suggest getting a 76mm. It won't hurt a stock car and you won't have to upgrade it for a long time, if ever. 76mm's are on ebay a lot too. That's where I bought mine. 76mm with cal tube and aluminum elbow in new condition for $125. I love ebay.

Hey TMOSS, is that price for the GT40/Cobra lower too?