HYPERTECH IS FREAKEN SWEEEEEEEET

They do a nice job at www.hypertech.com on the pp3 unit. You can compensate for gears, and different sized tires as well. Does everything that diablo does. You just dont have to pull it out and re-flash it with each mod. Now ebay has one for $298 new which is a good deal. On used Hypertech units, they only work on the SAME year car that they lost their virginity too. Remember that if buying used!!

• Sponsors (?)

I'd get a TransGo on that one. I know of several shops that will ONLY install TransGo. And the shop that installed my TransGo simply refuses to install B&M. Take that for what it's worth....

Also, you can buy a Hypertech for $350, but for $40 more you can get a Tweecer and tune your own car. Check out www.tweecer.com and read up on it. It's more complicated, but has infinatly more options.

Let me just get this right. CAN the hypertech advance timing in a mustang without a timing adjuster? Can I advance my timing like 2 or 3 degrees without buying a T/A, just a hypertech?

The hypertech cannot advance timing or play with the a/f. It only has a power option that you click on. It bumps the timing and i think leans out the a/f a little, but that's all the control you have with it. You wont know how much timing it adds or anything like that. So if you wanted to set the timing to your specs you'd need a timing adjuster and a hypertech. Or you could just pay the $40 more and control every paramater of your computer a la tweecer. The hypertech is a good tool, it's just very limited to what it can do.

I love my programmer, I really only got it to fix the speedo and hopefully pick up a few ponies in the process, but I was impressed with the SOTP imrovement. :nice: I bought one for my dad for christmas for his auto 03 gt, and he loves it too.