I almost gave away my car.....

I'm not having good luck with my Mustang....AT ALL!!

Here's the story. I bought this car my senior year in high school. It's been my dream car (yellow 94 GT) since I was 9 years old. :D That summer me and a buddy drove it to California and back in 6 days, topped it out at over 150 mph in Utah, had a blast. When I got back the clutch was starting to slip, and since third gear was grinding a bit, I decided to try to rebuilt the T5 myself. When I went to college I kept coming home to work on it. Long story short, the T5 rebuild didn't work well, had a buddy who knew people at AAMCO transmissions and they screwed me by rebuilding it on the side for $350, and I didn't have 2nd or 4th gear! They tried to screw me when I brought it back and said it would cost $700 to rebuild. I said eff it and got a used one from a guy on here and went to Iowa to get it. It worked fine but I decided to save up for a Tremec TKO. I finally got the TKO that next March and loved it. That's a bulletproof tranny!

Well two months after spending money on that Tremec, it turned out that doing donuts and powerslides in the snow caused my oil pump to mess up, which stupid me just thought the gauge went bad. Well not long after that the engine just crapped on me, started shaking and running like crap. Took the engine apart and found out that my crankshaft broke in two pieces!!! Such bull. I was so poor, still living with my parents going to college, I had to save up just to do a stock rebuild on this engine. Well I ended up buying me a Civic just before then. Don't worry, I only drive Hondas to get from A to B! So it was cool because it was my first time compleletly rebuilding an engine, I got a good deal on Stangnet classifieds for a used crankshaft, and I did it with just me, my tools and Stangnet by my side! :SNSign: It ran awesome too!

So another two years goes by and my Mustang is just a toy (was my DD for about 4 winter months when I had to get rid of my Civic), yet still no money to do any good mods. My buddy had an 88 Mustang that he spent around $12K just in parts for building up a BA 347. He could never get it running right (didn't have a tune or MAF), and he ran out of money. Plus his car was in crappy shape! I made a deal with him that we could put his engine and tranny in my car, sell my engine and tranny to pay for a Tweecer and some other stuff to finish off the project. This seemed to be a good idea and we got it running good. That engine had a lot of potential! I was able to pull in a 12.79 1/4 mile on old DRs and stock suspension. :nice:

Well it turns out that by the end of that summer (2005), the engine was starting to knock and oil pressure was doing funny things again. I tried everything without tearing into the bottom end. It just got worse and when I decided to change the oil pump, I found that a baffle in the oil pan came off and was periodically blocking the pickup tube! :bang: I fixed the pan and changed the pump anyway, then put it back together and it was even worse. I pulled the motor the next year (2006) and found spun rod bearings, worn piston skirts, two ruined rods, crank needed grinded, etc. Since we couldn't afford to fix the motor and the stock block wasn't worth fixing up at that point, so we decided to part out the motor and split the profits. I love my car too much to get rid of it, so it sat for another year (till now!) with no motor or transmission.

Fortunetly for me, my other buddy with a 95 GT with a fresh 306 and new T5-Z tranny wrecked his car into a fire hydrant and was desperate to get rid of the car, so I traded my motorcycle for his car and put the combo in my Mustang. It was a headache since his motor had been sitting and had a lot of bolts that were causing me issues (stripping out, etc.) and a cracked timing cover that cost me another $80! :nonono: Well anywho, I finally got it in and running, with a small exhaust problem finally fixed, now I have a hanging idle but I think the IAC restrictor plate might fix that. It seems to be running good at this point.

Well last Friday, they had a big even at IRP with open drag racing. I got screwed out of $80 on the tires (they told me they were gonna price match and didn't). Anyway, I got the tires put on that night with my new BF DRs....it was a great night weather wise, I had about 10 or so of my friends there JUST to watch me race. Well they were busy and we got there late, so we only got three runs in. I let my buddy drive my car after the first run because I was pissed that it was bogging after fourth gear (think my driveshaft was out of balance, it was originally from an auto tranny). Anyway, with my new tires and now I have drag springs and drag struts/shocks, I figured I would get some good launches, but I think the new tires needed some wear. Anyway, when my buddy went up for the last run, he went to drop the clutch on green, and the car doesn't go anywhere! :bang:

The guys tried to push the car off the track, and couldn't! So the tow truck had to come and get it off. Well my dad has AAA, so he had to come out. They had to tow my car outside the track because they had to lock the track up. We waited 2.5 hours for the tow, and when he got there he wanted me to sign a waiver because his towing things were going to pinch my tires. Me and my dad said EFF that, I just spent $400 on these suckers. So I had to call a private truck since they didn't have any flatbeds available, and AAA is going to reimburse me. By the time we got the car home, it was 4:30am!!

So the next day I took apart the rearend, and found out that I twisted the axle! :bang: I thought it was kinda cool since that means that I have good power/traction! :p Well, it wasn't so bad since I had an extra rearend from that other Mustang I just parted out. My buddy had it in the back of his truck, because he was going to take the brakes/axles to do a five-lug disc conversion on his 88 GT. (I figured I could sprint for some Strange axles) So he called me last night, pissed off because he took it out of his truck to help his buddy move some stuff, left it in the driveway for a couple of hours, and someone EFFING STOLE IT! :bs:

So here I am, with my Mustang on jackstands in my parent's garage, no money, a broken axle, and possibly a crapped out differential (axle ate into the diff a little). I cannot have this car....just to enjoy....for the LOVE OF GOD! WHY ME! WHY ME!!!! :nonono:

• Sponsors (?)

that, my friend, is dedication.

plain and simple.

but you know the saying....gotta pay to play. Which is why you don't see me doing too many burnouts or hard launches....cuz, well....I can't pay, lol.

Hopefully things will work themselves out.

also....is it just me...or do cars only mess up when:

1) you're at the track
2) it's dyno day
3) It's Ford weekend..or some other event
4) A friend drives it

best of luck

bad luck, just wait you'll get your share of good luck ask guero for some.:nice: Iam sure he can spare some.:D

currently Iam having valvetrain issues so your not in it alone.:nono:

You forgot 5) when trying to have fun.:D

that definitely sucks man but like the others said you gotta pay to play. That's the kind of stuff that happens when you have a modified car. Trust me, I know how it feels being a broke ass college student as do many on this board. But thats also one reason I don't have any major engine mods done to my car and I know that if I do start making more horsepower, my engine/tranny/rearend will eventually crap out from the extra power. So until I have money or another car... my car will pretty much stay stock lol.

I was going to run at the track the other week. Then I thought to myself... I'm moving to maryland in a week. With my luck I'll end up breaking something and not have a car lol. That changed my mind real quick :rlaugh:

BTW who the hell steals an axle? thats some hick **** right there. :lol:

that sucks....sorry to hear it...whenever someone tries to give me crap about all the stuff i do to my car...they try to tell me, well when you sell the car your not going to get what you put into it....i let them know that 1)its my car 2)i'm not going to git rid of it 3) i enjoy in the fact that i know my car inside and out and can work on it myself, while they'll have to pay a mechanic to work on theirs (unless its family:D )...thats what i do...

sounds like you've but a bunch of work into it for the little time you get to play with it. take it easy on the car man. and never let friends drive your car, they never have the respect you have for your stuff.