I am under 25 and have no garage. COLLECTOR INSURANCE?

• Sponsors (?)

While it is very easy to argue that you may not be entitled to insurance, fact is that you need it, and that you really can’t confidently drive your car without it, and in many states, you can’t even get a registration without insurance. I have had a 1968 coupe since I was 19, and did have my own insurance with Gieco and later State Farm (liability only), for a number of years in Virginia. Later, I was able to switch to USAA, which has been by far the best, but is not available to everyone. I would suggest that you get / keep the liability, and just keep looking for a full-coverage option with some of the lesser known companies. Call them up an explain your situation, and see if they can offer any suggestions of who might be able to give you full coverage. If all else fails, keep the liability for the remainder of the year, and upgrade to full coverage when you turn 25. It is not a perfect solution, but insurance for non-standard cars is a frustrating business. There are some other options, too, such as co-registering the car with your one of your parents for the next year (if they are willing). This should give you full access to the insurance you need, though it would require the car to be retitled in both names. Good luck.