i bought a 96 today

• Sponsors (?)

PoopDawg said:
If you don't mind paying 2-3 times as much for the mods. :)

Wow - you must REALLY hate mod motors!
If Mustang5L5 is correct (and he is just about always right - he's probably one of the more technical guys on this forum), you can get the 4.6's up to 300 HP with $1.5K to 2K without a problem. I wouldn't make fun of that!

Congrats! One thing's for sure ..... the 4.6 sounds amazing with an O/R X pipe.

There is a local guy that has a non-PI car that has more power than PI cars. Not sure what he's done .... but I know cams for sure. He's in the 7's in the 1/8th, I believe.

get an X on that thing for sure. For a daily driver i think you made the right choice. little more comfy and newer. I agree they are slower than a fox stock for stock, i have driven a 5 speed 97. but hey if i could have another id be on one in a heartbeat. now you can really make that fox a beast.

Prochamber and Magnapacks on those 4.6 cars sounds amazing. We just did this set up on my friends 00 GT, and it is very raspy and loud.

Also to note my 93 compared to my sisters 94 is a night and day difference. The 94 is tighter, much more solid, more comfortable, and just an all around better car! They make great daily drivers, but Im not sure Id grab a 96-98 as a "race" car.

eh, don't get hung up on the PI 4.6's either... my 01 GT ran an AMAZING 9.79 in the 1/8 mile :chair: (traction control OFF and LOADING)

But, it's a great daily driver with a whopping 18 MPG :D

Congrats again on the new car :nice:

Congrats on the new ride sounds sweet!

Everyone has put in an opinion so... I don't like that body style for some reason, it isn't ugly or anything but I just don't like it :dunno:

I was gonna buy a 96 last year before i bought my 87.. I seen it at the lot it had 35k origonal miles on it and it was clean. the lady let me and Ram360 test drive it. I beat the living piss out of it with the dealer in the car she thought i was buying it for sure. I was going to until they wouldnt come down on the price of 9k i left a $5 deposit on the car and said id be back tommorrow for it. needless to say i paid $5 dollars to abuse a car. I would get a 96 if i can find a decent price. Good find. Nice car