I Finally Did it!!!!

ZaC851

Founding Member
May 23, 2002
Birmingham, AL
After months of looking and reading, I finally bought something that Ive wanted for a long time. A TURBO Kit from ProTurboKits.com. As soon as I get home I'm taking it to Mike Murillo Motorsports in San Antonia since they have experience in these kits and let them deal with the headache of installing it. But anyway, I finally got it. I'll let everyone know how it goes. :banana: :banana: :nice: :nice: :banana: :banana:

• Sponsors (?)

Boost will be 8lbs. I also ordered with it 42lb injectors and the 03 cobra fuel pump. I want this to be as safe as possible. I thought about the idea of me and my dad installing it....but this is not something i wanna play with. So far my plan is to have Mike Murillo Motosports do it for me, seeing as they have already done a couple of 02's with this exact same kit. Sprayed1998 also told me about Houston Performance being a very reputible (sp) shop, so im going to give them a call to and see. As far as pics and numbers...lol thats probable gonna be awhile....its going to be about 8 weeks before i get the kit and I should be getting back home from Cali around that time so it should work out perfect. I really did worry about about not getting in parts etc etc like ive heard about soooo many other turbo companies but from reading on the forums about this kit no one seems to have had any problems with them so far.....the guy on the phone was really helpful with all my questions that I had for him. But hopefully after these next 8 weeks or so I'll have the numbers and finally (something I've wanted for a while) a turbo mustang. :nice:

el_kid_1 said:
Congrats man! :nice:
If you don't mind my asking, for how much those turbo kits run for?

The kit goes for $4,299. It didnt come with a fuel system or anything and I wanted this to be safe so I add optional 42lb injectors and 03 cobra fuel pump. Also to use this kit you have to have a tubular front K-member. After it was all said and done and I bought my guages and all the accessories total cost was just a little over 6k. I'm sure Im going to pay another 1000 or so for installation and tune. :shrug: Even though I spent way more than I should have I excited as hell about it. :banana: