I Finally Found H13 Xenon Bulbs for my 05!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
jeas, stangnet guys are really getting mean and uptight....everyone take a deep breath and let out slowly and say "i am not a honda driver, i should not hate myself and the people that own 2005+ mustangs because I am one of the proud owners!"

ahh, all better

• Sponsors (?)

cleveland said:
I dont know about the rest of you but I'll be sure to continue pissing people off with my opinions :jester:

-Dan

And I'll be sure to keep the ban stick ready.

If your opinions are going to do nothing more than irritate people I suggest you move on to another topic. Remember, someone else might have an opinion about your car, your choice of transmissions, etc that may piss you off. We just ain't gonna have that around here.

Keep to the topic and keep it TECH while in the tech forum.

05SatinSilver said:
DEFRAUD, wow that's a Harsh word, ain't it?
I did not intend it to be harsh, it is simply the truth. Ford did not warranty the mechanism to hold up with an increased wattage aftermarket bulb. So if you choose to install such a bulb, you are accepting whatever risk there may be. You said you were going to re-install the stock bulb and take the car back to the dealer to have it fixed under warranty. Call it what you want -- fraud, theft, larceny, dishonesty, etc. :shrug:

I didn't ask Ford to GLUE in that Stupid ring! Since mine is at the bottom of my Sealed bucket, I can't fit it, or I would. I NEVER go to the dealer, unless it's a must! If my fogs light could be opened easily, I would be more than happy to remove what appears to be a stupid, useless thing!
Ford designed it, you bought it, deal with it. Ford glued it in, and there is every reason to believe that the glue is perfectly adequate when the stock bulb is used. Should Ford over-build everything on the car just in case you want to stress it beyond the factory limits? Sounds nice, except that would drive costs through the roof.

Funny, my other side is ok? So, maybe, Just maybe, the driver's fog light is DEFECTIVE? Did you ever think about that :nono:
Actually, I did. And then I see you saying that you are going to put the stock bulb in there and take it back to be fixed under warranty. And that is where I see the problem. It will never be provable that it would have failed anyway, so you cannot use that as some kind of rationalization. When you decided to modify it, you took the extra risk. Take it back to Ford with the hotter bulb installed and ask them to fix it -- straight up, be honest about what you did, and see what they say. Maybe they'll fix it anyway.

It's like saying "My motor would have blown up anyway, even without the blower. They should cover it under warranty." The difference is in magnitude, not intent.

The bulbs I have in there, are not that much higher rated anyway.
How much is too much? 10%? 50%? 1000%? Where is the line?

So, I have no problem going to my dealer and having them replace it. Hell, I won't even loose ANY sleep over it! So, go piss in someone else's Cheerios! :rlaugh:
So what you're saying is that you have no scruples at all. Are you dishonest in everything else you do, too? Or is it just something about it being a car that makes it okay? Guessing by how shrill and defensive your arguments are, I am guessing that you do recognize the error of your ways. :shrug: Maybe there's hope.

:flag:

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.