I Finally Hit The Dyno Today...

• Sponsors (?)

here's the dyno run sheet:
512dyno6vm.jpg

Gotta put a little fear into them LS1 owners.. ;)[/QUOTE]

Give 'em hell. I long for the day that i get to see an LS1 owners face after he gets spanked by my 96. Unfortunately i just bought it and it took all the money i had.....so it'll be a while.

cltgt said:
After Headswap and no tune yet, I have to say that I am pleased...

252hp 294tq :D

Now if I can ever get those VT Cams and a tune along the rest of the bolt on's, Maybe I can come close to 300 :banana:

Gotta put a little fear into them LS1 owners.. ;)

Im so jealous. I have those VT Cams and a tune and I dont have as good of numbers as you.

cltgt said:
After Headswap and no tune yet, I have to say that I am pleased...

252hp 294tq :D

Now if I can ever get those VT Cams and a tune along the rest of the bolt on's, Maybe I can come close to 300 :banana:

Gotta put a little fear into them LS1 owners.. ;)

Hey.. It was nice meeting you up there. BTW.. Thanks for the advice on the tire pressure. I took it down another 5 psi yesterday at Denton and it did well.

propellerhead said:
cltgt, how consistent were your pulls? Mine were like:

1: 238 rwhp/286 torque
2: 227 rwhp/262 torque (-11/-24)
3: 233 rwhp/280 torque (+06/+18)

That's 11 rwhp variance between pull 1 and 2! wtf?

My pulls were like 252hp/277tq, 254hp/280tq, 253hp/279tq. They gave mine about 10 mins of cooldown time between runs.

Dan_Soprano said:
your ECU was probably pulling timing. Did you have a cool down between runs?
Less than a minute between pulls. They ran it up, slowed down to an idle, then ran it up for the next pull and so on. No stopping. Three pulls, back to back like that. This was dyno day. Not tuning day.

I can't see temperature changes within seconds of each other making a difference of 11 rwhp. That dyno was screwed up somehow. Or the dyno operator was on crack.

propellerhead said:
Less than a minute between pulls. They ran it up, slowed down to an idle, then ran it up for the next pull and so on. No stopping. Three pulls, back to back like that. This was dyno day. Not tuning day.

I can't see temperature changes within seconds of each other making a difference of 11 rwhp. That dyno was screwed up somehow. Or the dyno operator was on crack.

$35 doesn't buy a cool down period. :D