I found out how to clean the interior plastic!

bryan0

Jun 9, 2005
Bethel, CT
I have that parchment interior and it's a 1999. When I bought the car there was this black... gunk all over the little crevices of the plastic panels. It looked dirty and nasty but I couldn't clean it with anything I tried, 409, fantastic, armor all, nothing. Until finally...

I mixed some Jax powderd bleach with water and used a toothbrush. Once i cleaned an area, I wiped off the excess. Then about 5 minutes later, after it dried, there is some white powder left, just use a damp towel and wipe it off.

If anyone has similar issues, try this out. I wouldn't use too much bleach though, don't want to stain the plastic. I just thought I'd let you guys know :D

• Sponsors (?)

i use this citrus cleaner that can be bought at home depot mixed with half water and a bucket of soap and water. It works great on almost all stains. For more stubern stains I use a stronger solution called spot remover which if you dont know what you are doing will take the color off of your interior. The best thing is just keep scrubbing at the stain and it will come off eventually.