I Got My Diablo Tune Installed / JLT Goes On Tomorrow

cleveland

Founding Member
Feb 19, 2002
SF>...
I am very happy with the 91 Octane Performance Tune even without the JLT CAI which should show tomorrow. It was the first time I was able to break my tires that loose EVER! and I was very surprised. I'll play around with the tuning a bit on my own if I can to see if I can improve upon this great basic add on.

I cant wait till I add throw in the JLT pipe tomorrow when USPS drops it off.

$175 for the Redfire Red matched tube, $75 for the custom tune through DTP and $15 for 2 day shipping. :)

I'll post some pics tomorrow since nobody else seems to do that.

BTW, the coupon code to use when checking out with PartShopper.com for the $50 discount is: stangnet

Jay has officialy pimped my ride. :)

-Dan

• Sponsors (?)

What modifcations to the tunes have you guys performed thus far? Idle RPM, shift points, etc? I am interested in the user experience associated with these modified tunes.

Also, what is the stock rear end gear in my Auto? I thought it was 3.5.

-Dan

cleveland said:
What modifcations to the tunes have you guys performed thus far? Idle RPM, shift points, etc? I am interested in the user experience associated with these modified tunes.

-Dan

The rev limiter is set to 6800rpm, no more wall at WOT! I love flooring it and not having to listen or wtch for redline before 2nd gear. Driving a manual so no shift points to worry about, other than my lazy ass not hitting 3rd all the time. Speed limiter has been removed. Idle is set to factory at 750rpm. I really did not see a need to change the idle. Maybe after I install the Bassani axle backs I may change my mind. Overall, the throttle response is as it should have been from the factory, quick and precise, the sound from the CAI is reeeeeeallly nice to hear, loud, low and throaty! Add that to the exhaust tone dropping (Maybe from the extra air due to the CAI?). Oh yeah... the MPG has increased by 3 to 4mpg! Great since this is a daily driver and work is 35 miles each way across two bridges and a tunnel. I am loving it... the only drawback is me hitting the gas to feel and hear it all the time!

INTRUDER said:
I have the JLT & the Diablo Predator.

How do I load and send the "flash" to Brent?

I have the PC cable and power supply.

Thanks

Brent has the tunes for the Diablo and the JLT. Did you get the tune (Original) from Jay? If so, sending the tune to Brent really will not help much, you can take it to a local Dyno and they can monitor the A/F and tweak it or the timing as needed.

cleveland said:

-Dan

Dan,

The automatic comes with 3.31 gears. Are you planning on changing yours out? I'll be changing mine out for 4.10's here soon.

Eric

Thanks for the gearing.

I got the JLT installed today and Oh Boy Oberto does it look sweet! :D

I just sent in my Stock Tune today to DTP and hopefully I get it back tomorrow so I can drive again and test out the new setup. I would have been driving today but I got lazy and didnt import my tune to my comp when I first got the Diablo. Oh well for now and more for later.

jlt_1.jpg

jlt_2.jpg

jlt_3.jpg

-Dan

INTRUDER said:
I have the JLT & the Diablo Predator.

How do I load and send the "flash" to Brent?

I have the PC cable and power supply.

Thanks

I dont know for sure if Jay supplies the Diablo GTs with the JLT tune already programed for his CAI by DTP, since I purchased my flash tuner from PartShopper, but I do know that you need to first connect the serial cable to the computer at the rear in the IO panel and then power the unit with the Radio Shack adapter. Install and open the Diablo Downloader and select the Options->Custom Tune menu from within the Tuner and pick the "Import Backup" to move the file to the computer. When you are prompted to save this backup as a certain type of file select "no" and save it to the desktop or other location so you can easily attach it to your email to Brent and DTP.

Im a wiz, yes no? :D

-Dan

cleveland said:
I dont know for sure if Jay supplies the Diablo GTs with the JLT tune already programed for his CAI by DTP, since I purchased my flash tuner from PartShopper, but I do know that you need to first connect the serial cable to the computer at the rear in the IO panel and then power the unit with the Radio Shack adapter. Install and open the Diablo Downloader and select the Options->Custom Tune menu from within the Tuner and pick the "Import Backup" to move the file to the computer. When you are prompted to save this backup as a certain type of file select "no" and save it to the desktop or other location so you can easily attach it to your email to Brent and DTP.

Im a wiz, yes no? :D

-Dan

Your PC skills are impressive... It is time for you to leave... Little Grasshopper!

Wooooot!

I finally got the DTP tune this morning for the JLT CAI and boy is it a noticable improvement over the modified C&L tune I had been using since Friday.

Besides the improvement in suction, and underhood noise output, the automatic's 1-2 upshift is pretty damn firm enough to make me lunge in my seat. I always prefer hard shifts and I'll see if I can get any tire chirping in with some minor tune mods.

Thanks Brent from DTP. :D :nice:

-Dan

cleveland.. i wanna go the same setup as you since i like both JLT and Diablo the best out of the companies(just by reading about the products)..... do you have any dyno numbers which show the output of the mods? thanks in advance
-mike

Mike06_10pm said:
do you have any dyno numbers which show the output of the mods? thanks in advance
-mike

I dont have the dyno graphs on me right now but when I actually get a chance to dyno my car I'll bring my stock components, install them and do a base line for comparison reasons to my moded results.

-Dan

And here ya go, just posted at TMS. This actually compares the C&L and the JLT.

index.php

Quote from J-Stang "The JLT is the red line and the C&L is the blue line. The JLT I was running the DTP 91 octane tune with 5% increase in fuel adjustments on the Predator. The C&L I am running Diablo's C&L 91 octane tune with no adjustments."

-Dan