I hate crown vics

• Sponsors (?)

The only silly/dangerous thing they do is leave an unattended marked Sheriff car in the median of I-95. This serves no one, the locals know the cars are empty so they don't slow down, the tourists do not know this and jam on the brakes. One day this will lead to a serious accident. I just do the speed limit and stay out of trouble.

LOL...our hometown PD used to use a dummy car. In High School my friend had a beater '68 Mustang, and one day he ran low on brake fluid, went into the median and almost nailed the dummy car.
Anyone who knew anything about cars could spot the dummy car a mile away because this was back in 2001/2002 and the dummy car was the last "boxy" Crown Vic('91 was the last year) the PD still had in the fleet. Eventually, someone broke into the car and stole the dummy.:rlaugh:

I too hate CVs because the darn things are soooooo slow. I have lost so many high rollers that it isn't even funny.:nonono:

How did they pick who got the Camaros from the huge batch the FHP bought the last year of production?

Honestly though...Cops need to put a LOT more time into catching real criminals and terrorists than someone doing 13 over. There is so much effort put int B.S. ticketing like that just to make the state money. The system is messed up.

Honestly though...Cops need to put a LOT more time into catching real criminals and terrorists than someone doing 13 over. There is so much effort put int B.S. ticketing like that just to make the state money. The system is messed up.

LOL...I guess it was only a matter of time.:rolleyes:

Do you seriously think that the police ONLY try to enforce speeding? Hell, I've only ever seen you post on stangnet, so I guess I can go ahead and assume that's all you ever do. lol Why is it that people who only ever run into cops because of traffic infractions think that's all they do?
If you have to see to believe, try selling crack or touching some kid's wiener, and you'll see first hand that the cops have other things covered.

Now if you want to argue that cops should enforce other traffic offenses as frequently as they enforce speeding, then I can agree with you. IMO, not using a turn signal and slamming your brakes is worse than going 10mph over the limit(depending on the area). Most of the accidents I've had to avoid weren't because of speeders, rather people doing stupid **** they're not supposed to do.
This is my main bitch about the FHP. They got those unmarked Marauders donated, but everytime I see one it's sitting in the median and my radar detector is going ape****. An unmarked car should be used to catch road ragers, and the ricers swerving in and out of traffic; leave the radar work to marked cruisers since those are useless for catching wreckless drivers(everyone acts good around a copcar).

I will also agree that motorcycle cops are homos(if anyone's saying it...lol). I'm looking to become a cop before the end of the year, and I personally don't understand becoming a cop just to bust speeders. Most cops I've met HATE pulling people over for speeding(cause they do it themselves), but motorcycle cops get the job to do just that. I just don't get it.

LOL...I guess it was only a matter of time.:rolleyes:

Do you seriously think that the police ONLY try to enforce speeding? Hell, I've only ever seen you post on stangnet, so I guess I can go ahead and assume that's all you ever do. lol Why is it that people who only ever run into cops because of traffic infractions think that's all they do?
If you have to see to believe, try selling crack or touching some kid's wiener, and you'll see first hand that the cops have other things covered.

Now if you want to argue that cops should enforce other traffic offenses as frequently as they enforce speeding, then I can agree with you. IMO, not using a turn signal and slamming your brakes is worse than going 10mph over the limit(depending on the area). Most of the accidents I've had to avoid weren't because of speeders, rather people doing stupid **** they're not supposed to do.
blah blah blah.

Stick to the topic not the person. Spoken like a true copper. ;)

p.s. If you are lookng at becoming a cop and think motorcycle cops are gay then you don't deserve to be one. Go back to busting mall shoppers tat set off the entrance alarms, lol..

around here we have several of the new mustangs...about a 50/50 mix of marked/unmarked CV, A 2000 camaro, several impalas, and a couple explorers. I've heard some of my cop buddies spreading the rumor that they're getting one of the new Z06 vettes...don't know how true that is though.

I doubt they are getting the z06...

So 66' so you are becoming a cop. I knew that b4 I read your entire post. ;) Be careful about becoming so bias..AND

Let's HOPE you become as least as good a read as me because if you think that all I am good for is posting here, then that does not say much for the recruitment of men and women serving in your part of FLA. Make sure you do MORE research b4 making such fast conclusions about people or you are going to be a DISASTER waiting to happen in law enforcement.

In case you are wondering, I have 2 friends who are state troopers here who basically laughed at your posts. They (not me) said "newbie) andthey like cycles....go figure..

Let's HOPE you become as least as good a read as me because if you think that all I am good for is posting here, then that does not say much for the recruitment of men and women serving in your part of FLA. Make sure you do MORE research b4 making such fast conclusions about people or you are going to be a DISASTER waiting to happen in law enforcement.

You're the one who's confused. I was using that as an example. You were bitching about cops only enforcing speeding and not Major crimes.
So my assumption about you only being good for posting was about as illogical as your assumption about cops only enforcing traffic. Get it?

You should really think before you type something...especially if you're going to be insulting somebody.

In case you are wondering, I have 2 friends who are state troopers here who basically laughed at your posts. They (not me) said "newbie) andthey like cycles....go figure..

So you have two friends that are troopers do ya? What did they think about your ignorant ass post?

Yea, I'm sure your trooper friends have collared a bunch of serial murderers and rapists.:rolleyes:

Yea, I'm sure your trooper friends have collared a bunch of serial murderers and rapists.
They said you were a "newbie" not me. I am only passing on the laughter, don't shoot the messenger. Hell, I've only ever seen you post on stangnet, so I guess I can go ahead and assume that's all you ever do.

I'm not a "newbie" yet, I haven't even been hired.

And I'd still like to know if they agreed with your post.

I can see them disagreeing with my opinion about motorcycle cops. But that's my opinion to have, and it's based on my lack of understanding their motivation to pick that particular job(pulling over speeders) in the entire field of law enforcement.

66' All kdding aside. Maybe I am not being specific enough AND maybe they are not getting it either ( I reserve the right to dsagree with anyone).

Many MD cops are looking to reach quotas. Some of them and myself realize it is a petty way to enforce the law. The more tickets they write (in some states) the better they look to their higher ups.

To ME it is unethical to ticket a guy for 11 over that you would not normally ticket if it weren't the end of the month. I dunno how they do it in FLA but that is how it "appears" to be here. That is all I can say on the matter. My apologies if you have no knowledge of this..

Also, what makes you assume stangnet is all I do? Please tell me you use more criteria than this b4 you make a .. "move?"

In So Cali,
They don't use the scarecrow tactics, I wish they did. Instead, they like to use the radar from special aircrafts above, also, they use a lot of radar on the streets, speed traps.

Always in Crown Vics or Bmw Motorcycles which are a Bitch to see. They love to hide, like Hide & Seek & Ticket. $300+ if you get caught.

One thing about So Cali, there is always some idiot who thinks he can out run the police, in some of the worst traffic in the country, and it's always during the evening commute, cause they didn't want a F**kn' Traffic Ticket! And they tried to get away in somethin' slow. I'd like to see it done in a 03' Cobra or Z06!!!!
I don't wanna see someone makin a run in Grandma's car! The worst part about it, is that the runners often Crash into innocent commuters.

66' All kdding aside. Maybe I am not being specific enough AND maybe they are not getting it either ( I reserve the right to dsagree with anyone).

Many MD cops are looking to reach quotas. Some of them and myself realize it is a petty way to enforce the law. The more tickets they write (in some states) the better they look to their higher ups.

To ME it is unethical to ticket a guy for 11 over that you would not normally ticket if it weren't the end of the month. I dunno how they do it in FLA but that is how it "appears" to be here. That is all I can say on the matter. My apologies if you have no knowledge of this..

Ah...I did not know that. I really don't know 100% if the FHP does this but I really don't think so(maybe SCblack95GT can tell us for sure). I've been let go MORE than my fair share of times, so no complaints from me about quotas.

KNowing that about Md., your post is much less illogical. But I still think you must be ignoring a lot of other law enforcement efforts in your area.
The sheriff's office in my home county has a HUGE operation for catching online child predators. They arrested like 20-something pedophiles last week, and last year they made nation-wide news for catching a Homeland Security Agent who was trying to pick up children online. They're also the department that arrested R. Kelly for peeing on that girl.:rlaugh:
So this is why, personally, I don't think it's fair to accuse law enforcement of mainly focusing on speeders. They do other things.
What Md. is doing does sound ****ty though.

Also, what makes you assume stangnet is all I do? Please tell me you use more criteria than this b4 you make a .. "move?"

Go back to the post where I originally said that, and you'll see it was just an example for a point I was trying to make.

You only ever see me post...that must be all I do.

You only ever see cops pulling people over...that must be all they do.

Get it?

Yep I get it.

"The sheriff's office in my home county has a HUGE operation for catching online child predators. They arrested like 20-something pedophiles last week, and last year they made nation-wide news for catching a Homeland Security Agent who was trying to pick up children online. "

Wow. I guess I can learn something too. I wish they would do more of that around here 66'. When I look up the online predator dbase for my nieces..it is scary.

We see alot more traffic ticketing around here for petty $h it than we do real causes. Again..that is all I am going to say. I am glad to hear that about your state. My apologies for assuming you were alng the same lines of thinking. Gosh I wish tey would do more of that around here or at least publicise it. Nice debate! :) Sorry for getting my feathers ruffled!!!

Nice debate! :) Sorry for getting my feathers ruffled!!!

No problem...as you can tell from what I just posted...I fully understand how people can get confused this late on a Friday night.:cheers:

We see alot more traffic ticketing around here for petty $h it than we do real causes.

Try driving in Florida and you'll see that there's very little time for petty **** between the old people and the non-English-speaking. We also have people flocking here from other states, and bringing their out-of-state driving styles with them.
Thank God it doesn't snow down here, we'd really be screwed.

It does rain a helluva lot though, which is how my last car got killed by a Camry driver. I hate Camrys.