I HATE RAIN!

So im driving home last nite at around 3am, and im coming around a corner at about 15 mph, and the car hydroplaned real bad. I compensated for it, and the back of the car went back and forth about 4 times before slamming into an 8" tall curb. The roads were wet from previous rain, and i guess i hit a bad spot. BTW, these tires suck ass, i hate them. So hopefully i can pop the bumper out, fill in the scratches with bondo, and repaint the bumper. Im just so mad that this happened and im dissapointed in myself because im such a better driver than that.

Heres the damages:
0415071314%2ejpg

And to top it off, someone stole one of my ****in hoodpins! Who the hell steals one hoodpin?!

• Sponsors (?)

That really sucks man. I know what its like, and it's even worse when you've done so much of the work on the car yourself. I hate to say it, but 555R's aren't known for their wet driving ability, hence why I will never run D/R's on a regular basis, only on an extra set of rears for the track.

Bumpers can be fixed, paint can be re-shot, but just be glad you weren't haulin down the freeway and hit some standing water, then slam yourself into a wall. Things could be alot worse, try to look at the glass as half full.

the pic isn't showin up for me btw.

That really sucks man. I know what its like, and it's even worse when you've done so much of the work on the car yourself. I hate to say it, but 555R's aren't known for their wet driving ability, hence why I will never run D/R's on a regular basis, only on an extra set of rears for the track.

Bumpers can be fixed, paint can be re-shot, but just be glad you weren't haulin down the freeway and hit some standing water, then slam yourself into a wall. Things could be alot worse, try to look at the glass as half full.

the pic isn't showin up for me btw.

Actually, i have regular street tires on the car right now, Sumitomo 315's. They are far worse in the rain than my 555r's to tell you the honest truth. Im just glad no one was hurt, and that i didnt do any damage to the fenders, because its a lot harder to fix metal than urethane.

at least you didnt spin out of control and slide blackwards into a curb and bend your rear axle, an take a nice chunk out of my rim. and have to pay close to $900 to get all fixed. like me.

I know what you mean I hate to drive after it rains or while its raining.

man, all I'm glad to hear you're ok, but i'm hearing too much bad about sumitomo's in the rain, i think i'll stick with my goodyear's

Yea, i know, it seems really wierd for me to say but these tires break loose in the rain a lot easier that my Nitto drags. Who knows, maybe ive never had any close calls with them, but they seem to handle a lot better in the rain. Anywho, next weekend hopefully can get the bumper off, and fill the scratches in, then maybe paint it at the inustrial design building here.

sorry to hear about the car.... i havent had any problems with my sumitomos in the rain. :shrug: I've run them through some pretty bad storms(even snow) and I had no issues with hydroplaning.

your pic isn't work..

sorry to hear about the car.... i havent had any problems with my sumitomos in the rain. :shrug: I've run them through some pretty bad storms(even snow) and I had no issues with hydroplaning.

your pic isn't work..

yea i know the pic doesnt work...i dont know, its been really hot here, maybe a lot of oils came through the road surface, i dont know...im not making excuses for why it happened, im just saying it could have ben prevented, and ive driven in MUCH worse conditions...ive driven in the snow, and never had that happen

I was breaking traction with my Sumitomos yesterday in 3rd gear in moderate rain at moderate throttle. Kinda scary at times, but as for hydroplaning, I haven't really felt that yet on these tires. I can't really complain about dry traction with these tires though, pretty darn decent for the price.

Sorry to hear about the damage though. I guess it could also have gone alot worse...

I was breaking traction with my Sumitomos yesterday in 3rd gear in moderate rain at moderate throttle. Kinda scary at times, but as for hydroplaning, I haven't really felt that yet on these tires. I can't really complain about dry traction with these tires though, pretty darn decent for the price.

Sorry to hear about the damage though. I guess it could also have gone alot worse...

Who knows what the cause is...they are decent dry traction tires, and for the amount of time that it rains here, its nota big deal. I guess i was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

So im driving home last nite at around 3am, and im coming around a corner at about 15 mph, and the car hydroplaned real bad. I compensated for it, and the back of the car went back and forth about 4 times before slamming into an 8" tall curb. The roads were wet from previous rain, and i guess i hit a bad spot. BTW, these tires suck ass, i hate them. So hopefully i can pop the bumper out, fill in the scratches with bondo, and repaint the bumper. Im just so mad that this happened and im dissapointed in myself because im such a better driver than that.

Heres the damages:

0415071314.jpg

And to top it off, someone stole one of my ****in hoodpins! Who the hell steals one hoodpin?!

EDIT: heres the pic, i suck at stangnet today