I hate to say it but I am considering selling the Stang and Getting a 97 Vette...

gruvee87vertgt

Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 7, 2003
Chicago, Il
So I need you input.....I can understand if you curse me out or tell me how you dont care if I get rid of it...

I just need to know what you think....

also, I am getting rid of it cause I lost motivation to work on it....it's been sitting for almost 8 months....and I want somthing faster that I dont have to modify to get there...and I want something newer....

Anything you can share with me thru this Difficult time would be cool. thanx

Heres the one I want.

http://cars.com/go/search/detail.js...onal&paId=212539930&recnum=28&leadExists=true

• Sponsors (?)

I wouldnt go with the 97, get a 00 or later. the 97 was the first year they used the Ls1 and it had a lot of bugs that took them a couple of years to iron out. not much for the newer vettes, but I love the 68-82 body styles.

Owned a 02' C5 and it was awesome at first but then the Mod bug hits.... Vette Mods are some serious ducketts!! And if you cant do the labor yourself forget about it:nonono:

Blew my clutch out at the drag strip. After Cost of upgraded parts and labor = $3K:eek:

take it from someone who has owned 2 vettes very expensive to upkeep stick with the stang cheaper to keeper.my second vette was just a money pit i would not do it .

ok, you got me sold!!!

I am on the Hunt for a 2003 Gt...I will be swaping the Bumpers for Cobra Bumpers....

thanx guys for steering me in the right direction as I beleive I will be happy sticking with Stangs.