I just finished my Diamond Plate Custom Door panels! *PICS* They look great!

Starscream88

Mar 8, 2003
Park Ridge NJ
Ok guys,

I have only made one so far, Im going to make the other one now,
This was a test run, turned out awesome :nice:

Now I know everyone isnt a fan of Diamond plate and all, But I have a full Billet theme running through my interior (Billet looks SWEET on black interiors)

Im not totally finished yet with all the Billet parts, I am going to get the door handle bezels too to finish the door panel off,
But What do you guys think?

Seeing as im starting the other door panel soon from scratch should I take pics at each step for other user's?
Kinda like a "How to"
Or can you just figure it out for yourself? lol
anyway post your thoughts, good or bad,

doorpanels_001.jpg

doorpanels_002.jpg

doorpanels_003.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Looks pretty cool, possibly better as brushed flaT aluminum. The diamond plate follows a 'truck' theme more than a stang. Plus it's pretty heavy on shine for an interior with billet stuff. Otherwise good job on making the edges clean.

Jamie

Thanks a lot guys :)

It was really easy to make, I got the Diamond plate off Ebay,
You can buy it in sheets from a guy, His User name is "Cutsmetal" Really reasonable and they do all sorts of stuff

Everyone Ive shown today (As its such a nice day in NJ for one ;)) has loved it,

Yeah the diamond plate does have more of a truck theme, but Buying a sheet that size of brushed billet Aluminum (What I actually wanted) Was REALLY expensive,
I wanted to do Brushed Aluminum and my friends dad is an engraver, I wanted "MUSTANG" engraved on the sides,

But it would cost a small fortune,

I actually did 2 things to secure these,
First clean the hell out of the vynal and the diamond plate using Rubbing alcohol,
then I used "Moulding Tape" made my 3M all over the back,
Then I Riveted the panels to the Door panels for that "Metal" look and theme.
And the Kenwood Speakers match everything else thats Kenwood in the car, (Im a huge Fan of Kenwood, Must be a British thing lol)
86GT-Top, I see you all the time Driving down Kinderkamack,
I live on Kinderkamack :)
And these things are really easy to make.

Hey, nice work there! I think it looks quite cool. Black would cool as well, depends on the car scheme I'd suppose.

I was thinking of doing that in my Blazer as the panels are getting trashed looking. You've certainly inspired me all the more!

:nice:

I do like The Diamond Plate look,

I would do more with it but it is very "Bling Bling"
Too much and it would look like a Rice Mobile,
I would have prefered brushed aluminum sheets, But whatever,
Im happy with how it turned out and would reccomend this to people with saggy map pockets,

If my interior was grey or red then mabey I would have made it out of MDF and leather,
But the aluminum looks really good on black