I just finished my Diamond Plate Custom Door panels! *PICS* They look great!

• Sponsors (?)

What would you guys think about panels like this for doors, grills etc.?

Attachments

• Perforated Horse Panels.gif
    Perforated Horse Panels.gif
    13.1 KB · Views: 148
Trojan: That's way too busy for my tastes.

I was going to cut out a running pony of 1/4" MDF, cover him in vinyl, and mount him onto my lower panel in the middle. But when I made a mock template of it, it just didn't look as good as I had envisioned, so I left it plain. I love them now, subtle and impressive, so i've been told ;)

Here they are:

door1.jpg

door2.jpg

just my $.02 but, maybe to complete the look, you should add one of those multiple level diamond plate(or carbon fiber) wings to the trunk/hatch/roof. then, you'd would totally fit in with all those ricers. sorry, but that's just my opinion. i'm partial to original door panels or an aluminum sheet.

Well for my next Mod I was going to get a Mugen Front Spolier,
A HKS Carbon Fiber Hood, Greddy Quad Mufflers, a huge "50" shot of Nawwz, Underbody Neons, Aluminum Mesh Grille, Cut my Springs 2 Coils in the front, 1 in the back, Strobe light Shifter knob, Get some Bondo and make some custom Corvette Rear lenses, Mount my Licence plate at a 45* angle and have it "sunken" into the rear bumper, Which will be a GSR, Type R, Si Custom JDM Mugen rear bumper with Mesh in 5 different places, Which would look cool with my "Evo" Rear wing that comes up a full 2 feet from the back opf the car to provide all that needed downforce,
Im also going to get some Japanese Graphics on the side saying "Im a complete prick but I cant read Japanese so who cares anyway it looks good"

Oh yeah and im also going to take your advice and have Muli Level Diamond plate AND carbon Fiber in a custom look finish for the Trunk/Hatch/and roof,
Should look pretty slick.

So with all that I sould run 9's and Ill get a G Force pro to prove it.

BTW anything else?

Dam thats right I dont have a Boost Gauge :doh: what was I thinking?

I can also get one of those tailpipe whistles to "mock" a turbo sound,
after all I only want the SOUND of a turbo, I dont actually want the performance gain at all

I guess I could get a fake front mount intercooler too,

Starscream88 said:
Dam thats right I dont have a Boost Gauge :doh: what was I thinking?

I can also get one of those tailpipe whistles to "mock" a turbo sound,
after all I only want the SOUND of a turbo, I dont actually want the performance gain at all

I guess I could get a fake front mount intercooler too,

just giving you a hard time... nice work :nice: , just not my taste.
you know, i did read something about an electronic blow off valve that is hooked to the TPS. i guess that's for the rest of the poseurs who want everyone to think they are fast but aren't.
anyhow, man, nice quality work, don't take the kind hearted humor so personally.

Starscream88 said:
Oh dont worry I didn't :)

My sence of humor can be taken as sarcastic or offensive by some,
Im English and a lot of people have trouble understanding my weird sence of humor ;)

Just the way we Brits are:p
Yea - not funny! :D

Just kiddin, it's tough telling sarcasm over the internet :p

(I'm 25% Brit. But 50% Portuguese and that's all you can tell that I am)

A good START - bahaha. Do I progress as I age? I should be playing cricket by the time I reach what, 30? ;)

This smiley: ;) is good at indicating sarcasm, unless people suck at picking up smiley icons and understanding their purpose :rolleyes: See, like that one :rlaugh: And that one.

Not my taste, but that is pretty damn nice man, did you drill small holes for the pop rivets, or did you use original factory holes in the door panel? :)

My interior is still out of my car, waiting for a nice weekend before I dynamat and fiberglass the entire backend. Working on the custom plate for the central vent location where I am moving my headunit. God bless bondo.:)

-Joe

The pop rivets are still in the stock place, I didnt need to touch them,

But I riveted the diamond plate to the door panel itself, Came out fine,
I also used 3M Double sided tape.

It looks really flashy and shiny in the pics but when you see them there really not that "Bling Bling" lol

And I know If I get tired of them ill go back to stock :)

:notnice: IMO I don't like them. They look like they should be in a jeep or a truck. Don't get me wrong, I think the craftmanship and fabrication is awesome though!!! :nice: Maybe if you had used something other than the diamond plate. Just a little too harsh for a stang. :shrug:

I do agree,
I would have prefered brushed aluminum in a sheet,

But for some reason it was REALLY expensive,
And I thought diamond plate is aluminum after all????

But whatever, I like them and it adds a touch of originality to the Stang,