I just took off my catback, and started the car with only an o/r xpipe on......

Craig Mack

Busted Buffing the Bishop
Founding Member
Mar 9, 2002
Lake Mary, FL
OMG

O - M - G

I just took the catback off and started the car with ONLY the xpipe on. HOLY SHNIKEEZ does it sound amazing. It's like 300 decibels at 2500rpm. It sounds like the scream of satan....OMG this sounds amazing....I wish I had electric cutouts so I could leave it like this sometimes.....

Has anyone done this before? Sounds like a TRUE muscle car....its WAY too loud to run on the streets, but if I had cutouts I could run it at the track...it would probably hurt my times over the catback, especially since in DOHC but Lord, i've never heard anything like it. Now I dont even want to put on my bassani catback....this sounds AMAZING

Anyone else ever tried this? 32V Rustang + Offroad Xpipe, no catback = :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Sponsors (?)

It sounds better than any Camaro or GM product for that matter with cutouts....I mean you hear Camaros with cutouts all the time, but when was the last time you heard a Modular 4.6 with cutouts? Never. It just sounds soo damn good....our motors have soo much more character to them...It's DEEP and THUNDEROUS like the GM's with cutouts, but its also got that unique pulsating rumble, and racey tone....I can't describe it....its awesome.

God bless us....God bless us all :hail2:

Craig Mack said:
It sounds better than any Camaro or GM product for that matter with cutouts....I mean you hear Camaros with cutouts all the time, but when was the last time you heard a Modular 4.6 with cutouts? Never. It just sounds soo damn good....our motors have soo much more character to them...It's DEEP and THUNDEROUS like the GM's with cutouts, but its also got that unique pulsating rumble, and racey tone....I can't describe it....its awesome.

God bless us....God bless us all :hail2:
even know i'm a big gm fan, i will say its hard to get an f-body to sound as good as a mustang... closest i got was running a 4 inch mufflex catback with a flowmaster race muffler...

my friend was explaining something about getting dumps where you can switch between the air going through the flowmasters i have and dumping out right after the X-pipe, which I am assuming thats what electric cutouts? How much would this cost about, I actually just found this muffler shop close to me, is this something that can actually be done

Craig Mack said:
OMG

O - M - G

I just took the catback off and started the car with ONLY the xpipe on. HOLY SHNIKEEZ does it sound amazing. It's like 300 decibels at 2500rpm. It sounds like the scream of satan....OMG this sounds amazing....I wish I had electric cutouts so I could leave it like this sometimes.....

Has anyone done this before? Sounds like a TRUE muscle car....its WAY too loud to run on the streets, but if I had cutouts I could run it at the track...it would probably hurt my times over the catback, especially since in DOHC but Lord, i've never heard anything like it. Now I dont even want to put on my bassani catback....this sounds AMAZING

Anyone else ever tried this? 32V Rustang + Offroad Xpipe, no catback = :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
pypes exhaust makes an x that has bypass pipes with covers you can take off to bypass the mufflers :D

When I was installing my Borla cat-back I started my car up with no mufflers on, only a MAC ProChamber and you all are right. It's hella loud....I LOVE IT. :jester:
I too couldn't get it up to 3,000 rpm's, maxed at like 2,500. SOOOO much rumble

I watched a '96 Cobra with longtubes, no midpipe, no mufflers run on a dyno 3 times and couldn't get the ringing out of my ears or the smile off my face for 3 days.