I know I saw it but can't find it!!!! (built in woofers in rear seat delete)

Just yesterday I KNOW FOR A FACT that I saw a car on here with built in woofers in their rear seat delete kit. I'm not just imaging things. :crazy: Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I can find it. I would like to get some questions answered. Like, is you car a vert or not? If so, did you make a box in the trunk for the speakers? If so, doesn't the top hit it when down? If not, how and why? I built my own custom one but the speaker box is on the delete kit and I really liked the built in design better.
Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I'll point you...can't believe you didn't remember me...:nonono:

476639_82_full.jpg

476639_93_full.jpg

476639_90_full.jpg

95Vert said:
Just yesterday I KNOW FOR A FACT that I saw a car on here with built in woofers in their rear seat delete kit. I'm not just imaging things. :crazy: Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I can find it. I would like to get some questions answered. Like, is you car a vert or not? If so, did you make a box in the trunk for the speakers? If so, doesn't the top hit it when down? If not, how and why? I built my own custom one but the speaker box is on the delete kit and I really liked the built in design better.
Thanks

Ok, car is not a vert. The box extends under where the factory amps sit in the trunk. It does not extend past the back of the factory amp rack, except my 600W amp, which resides on the back of the box. Answered?? :shrug:

Edit: Here's a picture of the trunk, not the best in quality, but it basically shows where the amp is mounted, and why it doesn't extend beyond the back of the factory amprack

HPIM1743.jpg

Attachments

• HPIM1743.jpg
    HPIM1743.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 64
:damnit: I knew it was on a red car but I swear I looked for it for about 30 minutes and couldn't find it. Damn sweet setup man :nice: I would have loved to do the same but since mine is a convertible, I had to settle for the other way. Why does your lower piece seem to have a separation in the middle? A buddy of mine just told me about him having a digi, I'll wash up the car and post some pics. I haven't upholstered the delete kit, but am going to do it with solid black carpet.
Thanks man and :cheers:

95Mustang302 said:
hey, xr, can you send me an email with how you built that box/seat delete...

also if you could tell me where you got that mid body suspension brace that would be awsome as well!

[email protected]

Thanks@

We just used 3/4 inch wood, I'll have to find out what kind (not that heavy at all, weaklings... :D )

Me and a buddy, (a wood cutting guru) just traced out the curvy spots onto cardboard, did measurements for all the straight areas ( I wouldn't even have the measurements, but I'm sure I could find them out) and then started cutting away. He's a serious freak for this kind of stuff, he's done alot of work for alot of people. Either way, I'll try and get the measurements and get'em posted :nice:

Send me an email so that I can reply to you when I get it all...

[email protected]

You know it would be waaay easier and better sounding to just make an I.B. setup with the right subs. You could do an IB with a single sheet of MDF and it would look clean if done right. I eventually plan to do that with 3-12's. You'll need a high displacement sub with a low suspension compliance and really low resonant frequency.

Zero Signal said:
You know it would be waaay easier and better sounding to just make an I.B. setup with the right subs. You could do an IB with a single sheet of MDF and it would look clean if done right. I eventually plan to do that with 3-12's. You'll need a high displacement sub with a low suspension compliance and really low resonant frequency.

View attachment 504117

Infinite Baffle. In a home theater system, you can create it by mounting subs in the ceiling or floor if you have a basement with no box at all. The floor or ceiling sheathing acts as a baffle preventing the backwave the woofer from cancelling the front. Most people don't realize it, but a sealed sub box is supposed to simulate an IB condition, but it just doesn't do it as well in my opinion.

To do it in a car, you just mount the sub on a board that isolates the trunk from the cab of the car, which effectively mimics an IB. I've done it before with great results. We mounted the board with the subs, sealed it with a bunch of caulking and sealed any air leak into the trunk and it sounded freaking awsome. It was loud and it the SQ was dead on perfect. The phase coherence was just right and the transient response was insane. All without a speaker box :D But it's all crap without the right sub for the job and an IB needs a sub meant for it.

I used to run mine that way. I have a carpeted board that's cut to fit from the trunk side up against the rear seatback frame and I just drilled a couple holes through that metal framing around it and put some black bolts/nuts to secure it. The seats cleared them in the up position, and it sounded pretty decent. I'll try to look for some pics.

Here's pics from the front and one from the trunk side

sub.jpg

sub2.jpg

95riosnake said:
I too was wondering about it, if that's what it is in the pic. I've never seen one of these before and was wanting to know more about it.

I picked it up off of ebay, from a company that no longer exists. The guy knew NOTHING about it, it was honestly the worst service I've ever gotten from anyone on there.

Anyway, it's SUPPOSED to act as a support between the B-pillars, it basically bolts into where the base of your seatbelts bolts into. Then, after connecting both sides, you grab the wrench, which is included, and turn a little knob in the middle, which, in turn, pushes it out as much as you can. I'm sure it could be welded in, but really, for what it's supposed to do, squeezing it against the B-pillars is all you need.

Personally, I haven't noticed anything improved from it, except for my confidence that it will save my frame from lateral twists. When I picked up my subframe connectors, they were without a cross brace, and so, seeing that this would be a possible substitute for it, picked it up.

Keep in mind, I NEVER beat the car around corners, and basically drive it like a grandma most of the time...so maybe you guys, if you're willing to test it to a more extreme extent, might see that it is an improvement in lateral stiffening.

Answer to the question....ebay. I got it from ebay. Dammit.

:rolleyes:

From a structural standpoint, it will only work in compression so unless your car gets squeezed on a vice, it won't actually DO anything.

Starman. . . yeah that's what I was talking about. Very simple, but did you completely seal everything else off to the trunk? That's where you'll find a ton of loss. It's critical.